APOD Firearms

Another Californian that has moved to Texas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I am passing only in the left most lane, saying Sir and Ma’am, holding the door for other people, trying to learn how to BBQ a full Brisket, drinking Dr. Pepper and Lone Star, shopping at H-E-B and pretending to like Whataburger more than In-N-Out.

How am I doing so far?
    Going to need some work. HEB hates guns and Texas, and it's now Chicagoburger and the quality is dropping fast.
    Hurley's Gold

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    WELCOME to the forum!!

THE most important thing about (driving) in (west) Texas: The shoulder is to be used whenever on a country road and a vehicle- any vehicle- pulls up behind you and it's obvious they want to pass. Simply keep driving, and if there is enough room on the (paved) shoulder, move over while maintaining speed, and let them pass.

Since you 've been here for a year already, you've doubtless encountered people doing this, and after they pass, the passing vehicle will very often flash their brake lights, wave, etc.

1911 Fan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Hill Country
    Going to need some work. HEB hates guns and Texas, and it's now Chicagoburger and the quality is dropping fast.

I see a ton of Tactical Gun magazines in H-E-B so I assumed they were not anti-2A are they run by Liberal executives, do they donate to Democrat politicians what is the backstory?

Wal-Mart isn’t exactly a good option... where do you shop?

So Whataburger sold out to a Chicago company wow I just googled it that seems shady I swear it says family owned right on the restaurant itself... Well now I really don’t have to pretend the food isn’t crap quality thanks for clearing my conscious.:o

Last edited:

1911 Fan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Hill Country
    WELCOME to the forum!!

THE most important thing about (driving) in (west) Texas: The shoulder is to be used whenever on a country road and a vehicle- any vehicle- pulls up behind you and it's obvious they want to pass. Simply keep driving, and if there is enough room on the (paved) shoulder, move over while maintaining speed, and let them pass.

Since you 've been here for a year already, you've doubtless encountered people doing this, and after they pass, the passing vehicle will very often flash their brake lights, wave, etc.
    Thanks, I definitely learned this on the road trip into Central Texas. Truckers are very good about this I always give the “Thank You Wave” after passing I usually don’t drive super slow so not too many people clog up behind me but I will remember to return the courtesy anytime I am poking along.

This is a much more civil and courteous way of driving, in CA this would never work too many people with big egos and no manners.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I see a ton of Tactical Gun magazines in H-E-B so I assumed they were not anti-2A are they run by Liberal executives, do they donate to Democrat politicians what is the backstory?

Wal-Mart isn’t exactly a good option... where do you shop?

So Whataburger sold out to a Chicago company wow I just googled it that seems shady I swear it says family owned right on the restaurant itself... Well now I really don’t have to pretend the food isn’t crap quality thanks for clearing my conscious.:o
    Look at the doors. They have big no gunz signs posted on almost all of them. If that's not clear enough, look into the son of H. E. Butt who took over the company. He's your basic leftist libtard from what I can see.

Feel free to hate on chicagoburger. I used to live off their chicken strips on night shift, biscuits and gravy on trips up to the hill country, and burgers and taquitos whenever, but they are dead to me.

1911 Fan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Hill Country
    Look at the doors. They have big no gunz signs posted on almost all of them. If that's not clear enough, look into the son of H. E. Butt who took over the company. He's your basic leftist libtard from what I can see.

Feel free to hate on chicagoburger. I used to live off their chicken strips on night shift, biscuits and gravy on trips up to the hill country, and burgers and taquitos whenever, but they are dead to me.

This sounds like another one of those Liberals have a monopoly on everything in “common use” situations... I don’t have a Brookshires in my area and Aldi is German owned... I aint going to the hood to buy processed garbage food at the Family Dollar or Dollar Tree... again where do you shop for groceries?

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    This sounds like another one of those Liberals have a monopoly on everything in “common use” situations... I don’t have a Brookshires in my area and Aldi is German owned... I aint going to the hood to buy processed garbage food at the Family Dollar or Dollar Tree... again where do you shop for groceries?
    Every brookshires I've seen is posted too. But I've heard that most are not. I make no claim to having seen most of them, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

I usually go to kroger or sometimes fiesta.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I see a ton of Tactical Gun magazines in H-E-B
    My local one has cut way back. They only have the "lifestyle" gun magazines now, like Recoil. Bleh.
    Look at the doors. They have big no gunz signs posted on almost all of them.
    My local HEB is 30.07 posted but not 30.06 posted. I hate having to re-tuck my t-shirt after I leave there but it's not too much of an obstacle.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    My local one has cut way back. They only have the "lifestyle" gun magazines now, like Recoil. Bleh.

My local HEB is 30.07 posted but not 30.06 posted. I hate having to re-tuck my t-shirt after I leave there but it's not too much of an obstacle.
    You're an accidental shirt lift away from being drug through the legal system. Any company that preemptively criminalizes their customers deserves no customers.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Kroger

1911 Fan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Hill Country
    Every brookshires I've seen is posted too. But I've heard that most are not. I make no claim to having seen most of them, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

I usually go to kroger or sometimes fiesta.
    Unfortunately I dont have a Kroger or Fiesta. :(

So some H-E-Bs have cut out the Black Rifle style gun mags and Open Carry is prohibited that explains why I never see Open Carry at my H-E-B.

So they force everyone to disarm or conceal carry while shopping that sucks I see why you guys do not support H-E-B.

You're an accidental shirt lift away from being drug through the legal system. Any company that preemptively criminalizes their customers deserves no customers.

^^^ Speaks volumes about how H-E-B sees the 2A and how much concern it has for the safety of its customers! :mad:

1911 Fan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Hill Country
    Welcome to Texas.

Get Texan boots and hope you left your dirty shoes in California.

Apply for a CHL and savor the taste of freedom.

I have bought non CA compliant guns, standard cap mags and now I am working on my CHL!

No Texas boots but I did get some new beach sandals on tax free weekend here in Texas! Score!
    Thank You!
    Well Kroger does not seem to like open carry either it seems they banned Open Carry in 2019 do they not enforce this in Texas?

Last edited:

mdf9183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2018
    Bastrop
    1911 Fan
    Bastrop only has one gun store Crosshairs which is downtown. I have bought a couple guns from them, no bargains. They are in the process of building a range but it has been in the process for two years now so there's that. As far as bars and restaurants nothing special as far as I know but I don't do much socializing. I actually live between Bastrop and Smithville in the used to be piney woods. I say used to be because they burned up in the 2011 fire. They are coming back slowly.

1911 Fan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Hill Country
    1911 Fan
    Bastrop only has one gun store Crosshairs which is downtown. I have bought a couple guns from them, no bargains. They are in the process of building a range but it has been in the process for two years now so there's that. As far as bars and restaurants nothing special as far as I know but I don't do much socializing. I actually live between Bastrop and Smithville in the used to be piney woods. I say used to be because they burned up in the 2011 fire. They are coming back slowly.

Thanks for the info on Bastrop.

I don't have Kroger around my area, but United (formerly Albertson's) allows open carry.

Okay so there are some Open Carry friendly grocery stores in Texas but I am getting the picture they are few and far between...

Welcome, Amigo. Glad you made it.

Thanks so far I love the weather... except August.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Okay so there are some Open Carry friendly grocery stores in Texas but I am getting the picture they are few and far between...
    I don't mind pulling out my tucked in shirt to cover my gun if a store has a 30.07 sign, but then again, I don't mind paying a little more money to forego the inconvenience. I will go to an HEB if going to another store is out of my way.

Top Bottom