• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raven762308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2021
    Anna, TX
    Does anybody ankle or boot carry here? I know its much slower to draw and more suited to a backup gun but I just wanted to see if people had any experience doing this. Just curious.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I tried wearing ankle holster with my S&W Model 49 an ended up thinking it was damn near stupid. I guess back in the 70's when bell bottom jeans were still a thing it might have worked. It was uncomfortable to me. And what about when it rained or snowed and your ankles got soaked?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I tried it as it seemed a good option while driving. It was never comfortable when walking however.

Last edited:

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Many, many years ago tried one as well. Kinda. Was given a like new ankle holster for a snubbie revolver. It never made it out of the house test stage. With dress slacks it was doable. Anything else was near a waste of time.
    That said. With today’s micro’s it may be a little bit better. Never have revisited the idea.

raven762308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2021
    Anna, TX
    Many, many years ago tried one as well. Kinda. Was given a like new ankle holster for a snubbie revolver. It never made it out of the house test stage. With dress slacks it was doable. Anything else was near a waste of time.
    That said. With today’s micro’s it may be a little bit better. Never have revisited the idea.
    Yeah the new micro compact guns is what triggered the idea in my head. I couldn't imagine ankle carrying my S&W Shield plus but a smaller thinner gun maybe. Maybe something link the Bodyguard 2.0?

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I have not. A friend use to be a trooper. He use to carry his back up on his ankle. He is right handed. He would carry on the inside of his right leg so his weak hand could access his backup if his strong hand was otherwise occupied.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I considered it once. Since in my job it was difficult to carry most normal ways. But after reading the poor reviews of most ankle holsters, I never even tried. I'd still try it if someone would loan me a holster. But probably like most here, I already have too many that cost too much, and never get used..

Top Bottom