• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yep- this cook was a good one. Once you get a process in place you can keep some pretty good consistency. I get laughed at by some buds because I won’t deviate one iota from mine. They quit laughing when they’re stuffing that baked potato though.
    BEST TO STICK WITH A PROCESS THAT WORKS WELL WITH YOUR SMOKERI DO THE SAME THING THESAMEWAY I HAVE FOR MANY YEARS BECUASE IT WORKS! IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIXIT!

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Putting him on at 5. I’m smoking at 250. Will wrap at 165 in pink paper. Go to 195. Gonna put on some beef ribs at 9. Gonna put some chickens on at noon.
    IMG_2322.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I had to wrap and reload. I have a system of still spraying down the brisket while never opening the smoker until it’s time to wrap it. I pulled it at 195. Ruined the ribs- way over cooked. Brisket was perfect. I like 195 over 203. Haven’t cut up the chickens yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2330.jpeg
      IMG_2330.jpeg
      435.3 KB · Views: 16
    • IMG_2329.jpeg
      IMG_2329.jpeg
      410.6 KB · Views: 17
    • IMG_2333.jpeg
      IMG_2333.jpeg
      442.6 KB · Views: 17
    • IMG_2331.jpeg
      IMG_2331.jpeg
      451 KB · Views: 19
    • IMG_2328.jpeg
      IMG_2328.jpeg
      306.9 KB · Views: 18
    • IMG_2335.jpeg
      IMG_2335.jpeg
      367.1 KB · Views: 17
    • IMG_2334.jpeg
      IMG_2334.jpeg
      508.8 KB · Views: 17

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I had to wrap and reload. I have a system of still spraying down the brisket while never opening the smoker until it’s time to wrap it. I pulled it at 195. Ruined the ribs- way over cooked. Brisket was perfect. I like 195 over 203. Haven’t cut up the chickens yet.
    Bill. I lost your address, want to post it here??:roflfunny::roflfunny:

Razzamatazz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2022
    Middle of Texas
    with all this smoking Brisket, Pork and Chicken, you guys have motivated me big time!
    So now it's time to get off my butt and drive down to Salt Lick and get some smoked meat...LOL!

If you have some tallow, put some on the brisket and wrap it in that, it makes it a little more juicy when unwrapped imo.
    I need to try lard on my pork ribs when I wrap them to see how that turns out...hmm

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    You can’t taste the mustard. It just disappears. I’ve known it was a common thing but never tried it. It’ll be the method moving forward for sure.

Interesting - I've just dusted teh holy bejeezus out of my beef with the rub and spanked it on / into every crevice. Have not used a binder. Probably couldn't use mustard if I wanted - wifey is allergic to mustard. I wonder if there is a suitable substitute to experiment with.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Interesting - I've just dusted teh holy bejeezus out of my beef with the rub and spanked it on / into every crevice. Have not used a binder. Probably couldn't use mustard if I wanted - wifey is allergic to mustard. I wonder if there is a suitable substitute to experiment with.
    Right! That's how I've done it for the 20 years I've been smoking brisket. There's not a hint of mustard flavor and no evidence it was ever there - but if there's an allergy in the house, of course, you'd best avoid it/ In my research I read mayo could also be used - but I'm not a big mayo fan so that's out for me.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Bill, next time you smoke ribs after about 3 hours take them off and sprinkle
    with sugar, or better yet brown sugar, wrap in foil for about another hour or so.
    You'll think me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom