• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    To the OP, YOUR opening "statement", decided the tone for this thread. When you opined that TGT was an echo chamber, you pulled your dick out of your trousers and stepped on it. While I concur most members will not agree with you, they are open to letting you make the utmost fool of yourself. A task in which you proved successful from the outset.

Myself, I will listen, this is still America, even the foolish have a right to proclaim their foolishness.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    When it comes to the Second Amendment, I support it, but I accept that there are aspects of it that are open to interpretation. Most only cite the last part of the amendment - the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Rarely do I see a reference to the very first statement of the amendment - "A well regulated militia being necessary for a free state." That is definitely up for interpretation, at least in my mind.

1) States can have militias.
    2) People have a right to keep and bear arms.

Not sure how that is hard or open to interpretation.

The First Amendment has 6 clauses, I imagine that is really tough for you.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Exactly, something every leftist, using revisionist history bullshit tactics, spins into lies for their agenda. Back in the Founding Father's day, "well regulated" when it referred to gun rights and militia, meant well trained, well prepared. NOT controlled by government. And the "militia" was an armed citizenry to provide a check and balance for the govt. sponsored standing army, not the National Guard (part of the armed forces) as many leftists like to say about "militia".

A despicable tactic of leftists- using 21 century mindset to re-write history, to re-write past morals and ethics.

Exactly. Someone else mentioned the Federalist Papers. Reading those documents, and a clear understanding of the timeline of when they were written and the events of that time period, tell exactly the the meaning and intent of the 2nd Amendment.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Or just with less tact than others!

And I think if the OP were to look at some of my previous points of view, I am contrary to some opinions held by many here on TGT. But I don know, there is no words of "but" or "except" in the 2nd Amendment. I also have fair understanding of what "infringed" means.
    Yea I am way too impatient to type out some long response (this ended up being a long response lol) and any point I try to convey has already been laid out by our other more thoughtful members here. I promise I am not so simple in real life but I am very curt and to the point. Arguing with someone who sees what the hell has happened to our country since 9/11 and still thinks we need to concede more of our rights is a waste of time. The OP is one or more of these things:
    • coward
    • retard
    • communist (see retard)
    All of the above won't ever change so its an exercise in futility, atleast it is for me. Id rather just say what I know atleast 3/4 of the members here are thinking. This guy was either downing paint chips as a kid or he is a transplant and he should kindly f off to the nearest interstate and step on the gas until he hits an ocean.

And I love how he says "open-minded". Being open minded gets your son in a dress and your daughter an only fans account. Open minded is a dog whistle for "hey I am just like you so why dont you erode your rights to save the children". Yea, not happening sodomite.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yea I am way too impatient to type out some long response (this ended up being a long response lol) and any point I try to convey has already been laid out by our other more thoughtful members here. I promise I am not so simple in real life but I am very curt and to the point. Arguing with someone who sees what the hell has happened to our country since 9/11 and still thinks we need to concede more of our rights is a waste of time. The OP is one or more of these things:
    • coward
    • retard
    • communist (see retard)
    All of the above won't ever change so its an exercise in futility, atleast it is for me. Id rather just say what I know atleast 3/4 of the members here are thinking. This guy was either downing paint chips as a kid or he is a transplant and he should kindly f off to the nearest interstate and step on the gas until he hits an ocean.

And I love how he says "open-minded". Being open minded gets your son in a dress and your daughter an only fans account. Open minded is a dog whistle for "hey I am just like you so why dont you erode your rights to save the children". Yea, not happening sodomite.
    I stand corrected. This is pretty well done, but please quit denigrating the retarded by comparing them to communists. There are retarded people.
    Communists aren’t people.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    And one other thing, if the OP is a native Texan, I am just absolutely ashamed. There are people who have come to this state and make for 100% better Texans than your ilk and they get a bad wrap.

I stand corrected. This is pretty well done, but please quit denigrating the retarded by comparing them to communists. There are retarded people.
    Communists aren’t people.
    Good call. I use the word retard to describe people who are seemingly normal but have opinions like "I support the 2nd amendment but"

I never ever mean an actual retarded person. Just for the record

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Attachments

• 1620255374551.gif
      1620255374551.gif
      182.8 KB · Views: 76

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I am the militia....

You are the militia.....

We are........the militia......

OP started the thread and hasn't posted since.......

I'm pro 2A.................But.................................

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    In the vernacular of the time of our founding fathers "regulated" as refering to arms meant well armed. Not controlled by the government.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."

-- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."

-- Mahatma Gandhi
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defence? Where is the difference between having our arms in our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defence be the *real* object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 9 1788
    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788
    "The great object is, that every man be armed. [...] Every one who is able may have a gun."

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
    Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders, citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property, as individuals, and their rights as freemen.

-- "M.T. Cicero", in a newspaper letter of 1788 touching the "militia" referred to in the Second Amendment to the Constitution.
    That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms...

-- Samuel Adams, in "Phila. Independent Gazetteer", August 20, 1789
    The danger (where there is any) from armed citizens, is only to the *government*, not to *society*; and as long as they have nothing to revenge in the government (which they cannot have while it is in their own hands) there are many advantages in their being accustomed to the use of arms, and no possible disadvantage.

-- Joel Barlow, "Advice to the Privileged Orders", 1792-93

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Been following this group for a few years - I think. Usually commenting on revolvers and the like. I stay away from the political side usually, because it is obvious from the responses here that differing view points are not appreciated. Texas Gun Talk is an echo chamber of sorts. We just want to read/hear what we believe and get attaboys for making inflammatory comments and the like. I get it.
    But anyway, I have been a carry permit holder for at least 10 years. I have been a gun owner since sixth grade.
    When it comes to the Second Amendment, I support it, but I accept that there are aspects of it that are open to interpretation. Most only cite the last part of the amendment - the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Rarely do I see a reference to the very first statement of the amendment - "A well regulated militia being necessary for a free state." That is definitely up for interpretation, at least in my mind.
    And the right to bear arms is not a God-given right. Can't find that in the Bible anywhere.
    With that being said, and I know many or most on this forum are already seething with rage if they have read this far, I am not a fan of unlicensed carry in Texas. The current system works well. Very well in my mind. Carry permit holders, as a class, are the most law-abiding group of citizens in the state statistically. When I encounter an open carry person, it is highly likely in my mind that the person has passed a couple of background checks when he bought his/her firearm and when he/her obtained their carry permit and likely a few times in between. Of course there is not guarantee of such or that the person is legally carrying his firearm on his hip. But I will imagine or hope for the better.
    This Texas-based writer and a correspondent for the conservative magazine the National Review makes a lot of good points that open-minded gun owners should at least read.
    Constitutional Carry - Maybe Not
    '

More than 20 States I think have CC. I lived in one for three years. Low crime. NO ISSUES at all.
    What is interesting is that a "new member" says: " Texas Gun Talk is an echo chamber of sorts. We just want to read/hear what we believe and get attaboys for making inflammatory comments and the like. I get it."
    WHO THE HELL IS WE LONE RANGER?
    You seem to judge us as a shallow bunch of rednecks. I can assure you that is not the case from what I have seen on here.
    PERHAPS you need to listen and learn and do your research.
    You remind me a great deal of a grifter that has been through here at least a couple time. Went by HK something or other once. Hmmmmmm.........

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    When it comes to the Second Amendment, I support it, but....

Carry permit holders, as a class, are the most law-abiding group of citizens in the state statistically.

He is good. He talks about the special class of subject.... err.. citizen that gets to exercise his rights.

Fudd's Fudding around doing Fudd stuff in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    '

More than 20 States I think have CC. I lived in one for three years. Low crime. NO ISSUES at all.
    What is interesting is that a "new member" says: " Texas Gun Talk is an echo chamber of sorts. We just want to read/hear what we believe and get attaboys for making inflammatory comments and the like. I get it."
    You seem to judge us as a shallow bunch of rednecks. I can assure you that is not the case from what I have seen on here.
    You remind me a great deal of a grifter that has been through here at least a couple time. Went by HK something or other once. Hmmmmmm.........

I remember that troll, errr, I mean member! Tried to convince everyone he was a doctor too.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    '

I second your answer. I am waiting for the condescending reply from OP about "I am just trying to stimulate the conversation and educate you all"

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom