Patriot Mobile

Alright, so where are people shooting 3-gun in San Antonio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think I'm as ready as I'm going to get to try 3-gun out, but I can't find anyplace for it in San Antonio. Texas Tactical lists it on their site, but I've never seen it on their schedule.
    Military Camp

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Austin's monthly 3Gun is worth the drive up...Liberty Hill on the third Saturday of every month.

Alex

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I knew Liberty Hill had one, and from the videos I've seen, they put a great one on. It's just... damn, a two hour drive? On a Saturday?

Guess I'll have to suck it up and do it.

Still, if anybody knows where there's 3-gun in SA (c'mon, SA. We're a big city, all grown up and stuff!), let me know, please!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I wanna shoot too,maybe a carpool.

Could probably work that. I'll have to see if I can make this next one. Since it's on Saturday, I won't have much time to plan for it. If not, I'll go to the one next month as long as that one isn't the championship, which I think it is...

So I'm going to try real hard to make this Saturday is what I'm saying.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    On another note.. you have to register for these matches in advance? The email they sent me was a registration for the championship next month (hahahaha, no.) You can't just show up to the regular match with your gear and an entry fee?

This is getting complicated...

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    For the regular club match, just show up. They start taking money at 0900 and have a shooter's huddle at 10. $30 per person. Usually done by 2pm.

Next month is the Texas Multigun, a national championship level match; should be about 400 shooters. Some of the RO staff is a bit weird though, expecially those San Angelo and Von Ormy guys.

Alex

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    It's just... damn, a two hour drive? On a Saturday?

Guess I'll have to suck it up and do it.

Oh damn, don't hurt your vag getting out of bed...:ohnoes: I drive down from Dallas and have no problems getting there and back in the daylight hours.

suck it up

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Oh damn, don't hurt your vag getting out of bed...:ohnoes: I drive down from Dallas and have no problems getting there and back in the daylight hours.

suck it up

Hahaha, I'm just not a morning type. I have trouble getting to sleep before 1AM... But I'll be at the match on Saturday, even if I am going to be running on about 3 hours' sleep.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Had a great time, met some cool people and learned a thing or two. Expect a budget 3 gun rifle build thread in the near future.Thanks, Wakal for loaning me the shell carriers and putting up with my stream of questions.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    well hell, wish u'd have popped over to squad 3 and said hello

If I'd known you were there. At least I was wearing my TGT shirt and hat to see if anybody would figure it out.

I'll look for you there in a couple months. I was in squad 5, looking like a total fool every time my shotgun had slugs in it.

Top Bottom