Target Sports

All of these anti-Constitutional Carry LTC instructors need to hear from us...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I’m all for constitutional carry and canceling the LTC program all together. Have to admit I wish my name was on that list to piss off some of the Nancy Boys around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey, maybe it's not yet too late, asshole...
    Texas SOT

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I think there's a difference between trying to destroy them, and Politely letting them know that we find their choice repulsive and offensive. Kind of a Matthew 18 deal, with the goal of peace, for those who know the reference.
    I'm thinking they need to be destroyed...

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I was in the other camp a few years ago.....thought long and hard about it. With the wisdom found here on TGT.....

I Finally woke up to the fact the 2A wasn't written for the Government to restrict the people...

It was written to restrict Government from restricting the people......

Any compromise leads to lost rights......

I've posted it before and will again....

The hardest part of freedom is accepting the other folks right to exercise theirs....
    ...with all all the inherent risks that come to me by other people exercising their freedom.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I know what you are saying but these are small fry and not worthy of trying to destroy. There are big fish to go after. I just don’t feel as strong as some about trying to hurt these guys because their opinion is not my opinion. I don’t agree with their letter and that is as far as I will go. Hope constitutional carry passes. Sent multiple email to my congressman, got no response, he is a sponsor of the bill. Yeah!

Don't totally disagree with that sentiment. And it's not a matter of trying to destroy them, but voicing displeasure at that stance on this, especially if it's about losing revenue if this bill passes. Personally, I do find it rather repulsive, and even in way treasonous when someone would try and put a price on our rights and our freedoms.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    As most of the LTC 'class' is legal training, I'd consider it no big deal. For those wishing an LTC fine,no, just take the class. Not like it cost an arm and leg. Like the hunter training class, take it or not - but of value.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I’m all for ... canceling the LTC program all together.
    I have to disagree with this part of what you said. There are reasons to have an LTC that transcend just the ability to carry.
    • In practical terms it serves as a background check (i.e. helps with 4473 processing) at a dealer.
    • It serves as a background check for F2F sales with people who don't know me.
    • 9 out of 10 times it makes for a more authoritative ID, such as when getting on a plane. (That 1 out of 10 cases where the person who looks at the ID decides you must be crazy because you own firearms is almost enough of a negative to cancel out this point...but not quite.)
    • It makes international travel with a firearm easier.
    • (ETA) Reciprocity with other states.
    I'm looking forward to CC becoming law but I will still maintain my LTC.

ETA: JP, yes, I know you know all this. I'm just listing these items because we have plenty of noobs on board who haven't yet needed to think these things through.

Last edited:

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I have to disagree with this part of what you said. There are reasons to have an LTC that transcend just the ability to carry.
    • In practical terms it serves as a background check (i.e. helps with 4473 processing) at a dealer.
    • It serves as a background check for F2F sales with people who don't know me.
    • 9 out of 10 times it makes for a more authoritative ID, such as when getting on a plane. (That 1 out of 10 cases where the person who looks at the ID decides you must be crazy because you own firearms is almost enough of a negative to cancel out this point...but not quite.)
    • It makes international travel with a firearm easier.
    I'm looking forward to CC becoming law but I will still maintain my LTC.

ETA: JP, yes, I know you know all this. I'm just listing these items because we have plenty of noobs on board who haven't yet needed to think these things through.
    I have never had TSA accept my CHL/LTC as an ID to board a plane ( have tried it half a dozen times at different Airports in TX . ). Has only been accepted to by beer

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have never had TSA accept my CHL/LTC as an ID to board a plane ( have tried it half a dozen times at different Airports in TX . ). Has only been accepted to by beer
    The TSA does what the TSA does. They may well feel that because they are federal they don't have to pay attention to your LTC but the fact remains that it's a valid state-issued picture ID. You can use it to vote and for almost everything else that you use a DL as ID. I've used mine to get on a plane many times.

I've also had it thrown back at me by people who then treated me like a rabid leper and couldn't wait for my redneck, mass-murderer-wannabe ass to remove myself from their holy and enlightened presence.

So, as in all things, YMMV.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

I was just about to post this link. It seems that at least some of the LTC instructors listed did not, in fact, sign on to the letter. Sadly, though, some did. The letter appears to be the doing of one Raul Comacho, of "Safety Measures LLC" who is also a board member of "Gun Sense Texas"...which, as you'd expect from that idiotic name, is an anti-gun group.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I was just about to post this link. It seems that at least some of the LTC instructors listed did not, in fact, sign on to the letter. Sadly, though, some did. The letter appears to be the doing of one Raul Comacho, of "Safety Measures LLC" who is also a board member of "Gun Sense Texas"...which, as you'd expect from that idiotic name, is an anti-gun group.
    General Z: Guess that makes him some kind of switch hitter.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The TSA does what the TSA does. They may well feel that because they are federal they don't have to pay attention to your LTC but the fact remains that it's a valid state-issued picture ID. You can use it to vote and for almost everything else that you use a DL as ID. I've used mine to get on a plane many times.

The Texas LTC does not qualify under the Federal REAL ID Act standards for entry into the secure areas of airports, which went into effect on 1 Oct 2020.

Top Bottom