All Non-Africans have a little Neanderthal in them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Based on what I see on a daily basis, I sometimes wonder if at least 90% of humans are actually born with the brains of rhesus monkeys.

I agree and I think I have actually figured out why this is true and is vital to our evolution.

***WARNING: The following may be offensive to some people****

Stupid people are vital to our evolution.

Let's take the cavemen, for example. The tribe wants to kill the wooly mammoth or some such other task fraught with danger. The smart guy in the
    tribe comes up with Plan A, and five of the stupid go to try it out. Wooly mammoth smushes four of them into grease and flings the fifth into a low
    Earth orbit. So smart guy comes up with Plan B, and five of the stupid go to try it. If it, too, turns out to be fatally unsuccessful, there were plenty more of the stupid to try out Plan C. Eventually the proper technique was found, and the species advanced, thanks in large part to the stupid.

As we learned to farm, the stupid were useful for hours of backbreaking work in the fields, hoeing and plowing. Not that farming doesn’t require some degree of intelligence, but most of it is just plain hard work.

Flash forward to the Industrial Revolution. What was needed was dull people who would pull a lever or complete the same little repetitive task over and
    over all day long. Smart people would get bored doing this, and either start dinking with things or screwing up because their minds were elsewhere. But the stupid just plugged away at it.

OK, sounds good so far - but what about today? This is the Information Age, and we need sharp, highly-qualified people who can work with computers. The
    stupid just aren't going to cut it.

My thought here is that we will soon be venturing out into space and colonizing new worlds. Worlds that would support us would support other life
    forms, so there may be dangerous local flora and fauna. Perhaps wooly mammoth. . . .and that brings us right back to where we started.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I don't have a problem with that, considering that the descendants of these Neanderthals went on to invent things like, oh, Western Civilization, the Internet, and modern medicine, while the ones that remained in Africa invented . . . uh . . . ummm . . . wait, I'm thinking . . . . uh . . . .

Modern civilization came out of what is now Iraq roughly. If the interbreeding was in that same region then it may stem to reason that it had something to do with it.

Africa really didn't have major problems until Europeans got there and re-drew every boundary for themselves.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Modern civilization came out of what is now Iraq roughly. If the interbreeding was in that same region then it may stem to reason that it had something to do with it..

Shanidar Cave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Shanidar Cave is an archaeological site in the Zagros Mountains in Erbil Governorate, Kurdistan Region, Iraq.[1] The site is located in the valley of the Great Zab. It was excavated from 1957–1961 by Ralph Solecki and his team from Columbia University and yielded the first adult Neanderthal skeletons in Iraq, dating between 60–80,000 years BP.[1] The excavated area produced nine skeletons of Neanderthals of varying ages . . . "

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    That was pretty good! Now that the stupid people situation is pretty well described, can you explain why also about 90% of people are assholes too?

Thanks! Now to answer your most recent question - due to the decline of dueling. You've heard that an armed society is a polite society?

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I agree and I think I have actually figured out why this is true and is vital to our evolution.

***WARNING: The following may be offensive to some people****

Stupid people are vital to our evolution.

Let's take the cavemen, for example. The tribe wants to kill the wooly mammoth or some such other task fraught with danger. The smart guy in the
    tribe comes up with Plan A, and five of the stupid go to try it out. Wooly mammoth smushes four of them into grease and flings the fifth into a low
    Earth orbit. So smart guy comes up with Plan B, and five of the stupid go to try it. If it, too, turns out to be fatally unsuccessful, there were plenty more of the stupid to try out Plan C. Eventually the proper technique was found, and the species advanced, thanks in large part to the stupid.

As we learned to farm, the stupid were useful for hours of backbreaking work in the fields, hoeing and plowing. Not that farming doesn’t require some degree of intelligence, but most of it is just plain hard work.

Flash forward to the Industrial Revolution. What was needed was dull people who would pull a lever or complete the same little repetitive task over and
    over all day long. Smart people would get bored doing this, and either start dinking with things or screwing up because their minds were elsewhere. But the stupid just plugged away at it.

OK, sounds good so far - but what about today? This is the Information Age, and we need sharp, highly-qualified people who can work with computers. The
    stupid just aren't going to cut it.

My thought here is that we will soon be venturing out into space and colonizing new worlds. Worlds that would support us would support other life
    forms, so there may be dangerous local flora and fauna. Perhaps wooly mammoth. . . .and that brings us right back to where we started.

It was all natural selection. The gene pool could not be polluted with inferior material until such time as the stronger helped the weaker. Hence the present political system. <flame on>

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Shanidar Cave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Shanidar Cave is an archaeological site in the Zagros Mountains in Erbil Governorate, Kurdistan Region, Iraq.[1] The site is located in the valley of the Great Zab. It was excavated from 1957–1961 by Ralph Solecki and his team from Columbia University and yielded the first adult Neanderthal skeletons in Iraq, dating between 60–80,000 years BP.[1] The excavated area produced nine skeletons of Neanderthals of varying ages . . . "

Extremely intriguing ... I wonder how much of that collaborates.

Top Bottom