• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    If you want to get some High Speed stuff in the realm of AR's, Gear, or Honest Gunsmiths / Builders on AR's - GO TO HILL COUNTRY BLACK RIFLES, Rey and Alton run that shop over off of Thousand Oaks near Wetmore and they are open SIX days a week. The last time I was at Topbrass, some of the employees there were looking for a shop to refer AR business to and I left one of the guys HCBR's biz card with them. Rey also builds Kydex holsters and does Cerakote work. They are planning on adding more things in the shop and eventually will even start carrying some AK stuff (for those like me, who run Kalashs). Avoid Alamo Tactical . . .
    As far as AR builders go....Dreadnaught Industries is as good as it gets. Don't let it go to your head, Wakal!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

johnpuga1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio
    Alamo Tactical has a nice assortment of Daniel Defense rifles. Also they seem to be the only ones with Gen 3 Glock 19s in stock. Their AR mags are priced well. I was in their today buying their minimalist holster for my Glock and had an overall positive experience.

Hondap11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2013
    Don't ever go there!!!!! I like many others now a days have recently gotten into firearms and am slowly learning more and more. I saved up money to go purchase a new firearm and have been seeing all the activity that has been going on at alamo tactical facebook page with classes and training etc. So I decided to go there first, big mistake. I walk in and as soon as the gentleman behind the counter sees me he looks me up and down then makes his way to the back. I then stand alone for about ten minutes without so much as a good afternoon until a older gentleman walks in the store with a military logo cap on. Then out comes the employee and goes straight to the gentleman and says hello how may I help you. I couldn't believe it, the employee would look at me from the corner of his eye time to time for about five minutes till I left the store outraged. I was ready to use my hard earned money there only to be treated in that manner. I then went to another fire arms store across town and the second I walk in I'm greeted by several employees and was assisted immediately. While there I talked with the very helpful employee and told him about my encounter at the " great" alamo tactical and another customer who was there happened to have a much similar story and ended up being a chain reaction. So many story's about the bad service and how if u aren't a an expert or served in the military or even look odd to them they won't even so much as look at you. Needless to say my money and many of my friends money will never be spent at alamo tactical. I always share my story to people I know or meet at local matches and ranges. So if there is anyone out there who is blinded by their Facebook feeds or even think it could be a new and cool place to go. I strongly urge u to go anywhere else if you do not want to be belittled or treated unfair due to you're appearance or lack of knowledge. I hope I was helpful to any of you on the fence about this place.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Your first post is to revive a ~9 month old thread to complain about a business. Classy move.

I went to Alamo Tactical over the weekend for the first time. They were cool and had lots of cool things. I would do business there.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Don't ever go there!!!!! .......

Always go there!!!! Not knocking others, I like them just fine too. But surely worth a stop in if you are looking for gear.

They have always treated me great, very friendly and have helped me out with many a question or few, even when they knew I wasn't buying anything from them. I am neither military nor an expert, though I'm not sure how you would tell the latter one, and I will say I am pretty odd looking. ;)

Sometimes when people aren't assertive when they walk in a store, some employees might take that as them wanting to be left alone. I'm not saying that is the best sales tactic, but it's is what it is. I am sure if you looked the man in his eyes and spoke up, instead of waiting for him to ask you for a dance, you may have had a different outcome.

After all, It is a gun store not Hobby Lobby.

Welcome to TGT.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    I live pretty close by and was considering stopping by, I take it no one else here has had issues with them?

Hondap11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2013
    Yes I did make eye contact with him several times and even raised my hand once. At first I thought maybe he had somethin to do when he walked to the back. But then when he came back out and went straight to the other costomer after he clearly knew I was there first is when I started seeing it for what it really was. While I have heard from several people that similar things happened to them as well. I know it was not and is not rare there

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    been there several times. handled 6-9 guns one time with no intention of purchasing that day (told the guy I was really just looking)...he didn't bat an eye and was extremely helpful regardless.

been back and will go back again. prices aren't the cheapest, but not horrible. gunsmithing work is cheaper than other places in town.

heck, if you got a problem with the way you're treated, why not tell the owner/manager and give them a chance to make it right?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I visited Alamo Tactical with Marcus for their July 4th weekend event this past weekend. I have to say, I was IMPRESSED. Those that know me know that I have some fairly high (and probably unrealistic, I'm an idealist) standards for certain things. For quite a few years I have worked out details and considered opening a gun store. To put it simply, if I was building a gun store in San Antonio, this is pretty much the EXACT store I would build. Everything seems very well thought out. They have a wide selection of a whole lot of stuff you basically only ever see online. In terms of holster and gear selection, they have a better selection than GT Distributors. They have Comp-Tac and Blade Tech holsters, kydex holsters they make themselves, that appear very well made and finished. They also all seem like a good group of people. EVERY employee in the store was open carrying a handgun, which I thought was especially cool.

It also seems that the owners know their stuff and have some well-planned ideas. At this July 4th event, Jim Smith from Spartan Tactical up near Dallas, was present. He had a presentation and discussion of Operation Gothic Serpent (Blackhawk Down), which he was involved in. For those of you that don't know of Jim, he's a former 1SFOD-D guy. Some of the parts of the movie are based on his story, some of the things he did, and some of the difficult situations he dealt with. The fact that the owners got Jim down here says a lot to me about their knowledge of training, the training industry, and industry leaders. They also had a couple of officers with the SAPD Gang Unit do a presentation on gangs in San Antonio. It was very enlightening hearing from "the guys on the ground" as to what's going on with gangs in SA. Interesting stuff, and both officers seemed like great, well-informed people that definitely had a clue. I was impressed with their presentation as well. All in all, I would highly recommend Alamo Tactical. I will definitely look forward to visiting those guys again.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've been there a few times and can't find any faults with the place. The prices seemed a tad high, but I'm used to buying on the 'net. :p Was just tire kicking one time, wasting time before an event I was way too early for and they didn't mind me tire kicking a bit.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom