• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdjerry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    anyone know where i can buy a Bulgarian SLR-95, SLR-96 or SA-93 in Houston? thanks a bunch.
    Capitol Armory ad

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I don't know if you're intent on buying local, but I saved well over $100 buying online. I'd suggest AIMsurplus or Classicarms if you're willing to wait a few days.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    buy online,you'll save a lot....or find a local small FFL. most store front guys really bend people over nowadays

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    I don't know if you're intent on buying local, but I saved well over $100 buying online. I'd suggest AIMsurplus or Classicarms if you're willing to wait a few days.

Buying online, paying shipping and FFL fees will save you some. Pruitt's and Fountain's stock locally at a higher price and you pay sales tax and get instant gratification. Gunshows tend to be cheaper but you pay for getting there (gas), parking and admission plus the jerky you buy that tastes like old shoe leather.

Maybe you can do the math on those choices. I can't.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Buying online, paying shipping and FFL fees will save you some. Pruitt's and Fountain's stock locally at a higher price and you pay sales tax and get instant gratification. Gunshows tend to be cheaper but you pay for getting there (gas), parking and admission plus the jerky you buy that tastes like old shoe leather.

Maybe you can do the math on those choices. I can't.

Well, I went to the gun shop yesterday and the same M70 I paid $469 + $20 FFL = $489 OTD....was $699

The Mosin that was $69 though, after $25 shipping and $20 FFL will NOT be cheaper...so i'll buy that in person.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Well, I went to the gun shop yesterday and the same M70 I paid $469 + $20 FFL = $489 OTD....was $699

The Mosin that was $69 though, after $25 shipping and $20 FFL will NOT be cheaper...so i'll buy that in person.

Exactly! The more expensive the gun the more internet ordering makes sense. When you buy a 69 dollar Mosin the shipping and FFL charge may be 50% of the gun's price. During the past year I bought two Colts that were around a thousand dollars each online. Shipping plus FFL was 50-60. Sales tax alone, assuming the same price, is at least 85 bucks.

There ARE times when collector grade firearms are mispriced on the low side at a local gun dealer. Be ready to jump on those with a credit card or some handy cash.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Yes sir where are those 69.00 dollar Mosins, the cheapest I have seen is 99.95 at Gander when thy are put on sale.

About a year and a half ago Gander had "10% off" on used guns. In addition they had sent me a coupon some time earlier for 10% off total purchase. Finally, they offered a 15% (I think) discount if I signed up for a Gander Visa card. I picked out the three nicest Mosins and checked out for around 200 bucks and plenty of paperwork.

They look good but bores tend to be rough.

Top Bottom