Texas SOT

Air brake endrosement for Texas class c license?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm a holder of a Class C license, but I would like to have the ability to operate a box truck or similar medium duty vehicle licensed as a class C with air brakes. The real kicker here of course is the air brake certification/endorsement. I know you don't have to go get a class B or A license, but I've come up very short on information about an air brake endorsement. I know I'd need one, but don't really know the cost or procedure. Anyone with information to give, I would appreciate it.
    Capitol Armory ad

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Go take the air brake endorsement test, I had my cdl prior to moving here but in Oregon you take the test pay 15 bucks and it's added to your license.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    I have hade my cdl here since 1990 and I know of no where that it helps you in Texas below a class b license. I can't see where it will benefit you. What will you be driving that does not carry passengers or have a gvw over 26000 . Nothing eles you will drive here over the one ton rang will need it unless your commercial apportioned for interstate , or commercial for intrastate which is combination . And if you are under 26000 gvw you do not need the air brake endorsement , as you will also not need the cdl. Unless you haul commercial as a hot shot. Then that is another bag of crap to go thru.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Holy crap you need and endorsement for a vehicle with air brakes? Oops.

air brakes always were class b from what i knew. some companies play dumb, until you get busted and then they pretend they didnt know you didnt have a cdl, because you were "supposed" to get it.

isnt the deuce a red headed step child on brakes? a class c is the most common required for those.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    That was years ago so not really worried about it now. I need to go get my class b anyway for the FD's in applying to.

Top Bottom