Aiming is Useless!

11C1P

Aug 1, 2018
N.D.
Did you happen to watch the vid and read the thread. Its about close life threatening situations. Where there is no real need to take the extra 2 seconds to get that perfect window frame line up. The extra time used to do that could lead to a knife in your neck or a kick to the nuts.

It is a skill you should at least test out in case you are in a hand to hand situation where you cant get the gun in front of your face to aim.
I watched some of it, but the title doesn't say aiming up close with a pistol is useless, it says aiming is useless. For an arms length emergency, I didn't know this was earth shattering info that point & squeeze is a good method, but I'm sure it's new to some. I'd suggest you contact the guy who made the video, he really should have worded it better, cause in fact, aiming is not useless 98% of the time.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
I watched some of it, but the title doesn't say aiming up close with a pistol is useless, it says aiming is useless. For an arms length emergency, I didn't know this was earth shattering info that point & squeeze is a good method, but I'm sure it's new to some. I'd suggest you contact the guy who made the video, he really should have worded it better, cause in fact, aiming is not useless 98% of the time.
Jeez, seriously? The title has to spell out in exact detail what the thread is about?

And feel free to contact Rob Leatham, the guy who made the video, yourself and provide him your insightful criticism. I am sure he'll love hearing your feedback on how to shoot. Apparently being a 24-time USPSA National champion and 7-time International Practical Shooting Confederation World Champion doesn't compare to someone who fires mortars in the Army...

11C1P

Aug 1, 2018
N.D.
Welcome to the Forum, 11C1P.

Go to the introduction area & tell us something about yourself.
You mean like this one I started yesterday? https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/hello-from-northerner.87236/unread
Jeez, seriously? The title has to spell out in exact detail what the thread is about?

And feel free to contact Rob Leatham, the guy who made the video, yourself and provide him your insightful criticism. I am sure he'll love hearing your feedback on how to shoot. Apparently being a 24-time USPSA National champion and 7-time International Practical Shooting Confederation World Champion doesn't compare to someone who fires mortars in the Army...

I guess words are hard for some, but maybe something like "When aiming is useless". That's pretty hard I know.

Shady

TGT Addict
Aug 24, 2013
I would agree with you that most of the time aiming is a good thing. But in the context of this thread aiming is not as important as surviving.

I can tell you are going to enjoy your time on this board
Welcome

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics