Texas SOT

After All The Discussions about Bill of Sale There Are......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Still many people, Not Locally but on This fourm that are Requiring a BOS when buying their firearm. I just dont the reasoning in it that they would still want this. It has been outlined in so many ways why its not a good idea and geez, if its not required why do it. We as citizens are required to do so much crap as it is. Thought I had another gun coming my way but guess not
    Hurley's Gold

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    deadhorse10x.jpg

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    To be honest bagged02, I think it has to do with either they dont know that it is pointless or they still get a piece of mind with it. A false "feel good" if you will.

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    Rather than fear and misconceptions on this topic; are there any facts (real documented cases) out there where a transaction did not have a BOS that later came back to negatively affect a buyer or a seller? I haven't heard of any have you guys?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    From the head count of who's for a BOS and who's against it, it appears that those that want to "require" it will have a much toughter time of making a sale. Now, if someone had a gun for sale for $500 and I wanted to buy it, I'd make them a final offer of .......... say...............$300 with a BOS or the $500 without. Those that require it are hurtin' their chances, IMO.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Rather than fear and misconceptions on this topic; are there any facts (real documented cases) out there where a transaction did not have a BOS that later came back to negatively affect a buyer or a seller? I haven't heard of any have you guys?

I've not heard of any non-BOS sales that got anyone in trouble, but just 'cause I've not heard of it certainly doesn't make it scientific. I don't think there is any way to do a valid comparison. I've heard of "bad" sales (buyers and sellers) but never anything to do with a BOS.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Too be honest. I ask for a bill of sale when selling to a complete stranger like using TGT. Reason I do is because I feel it helps filter out a suspect buyer / seller. My thinking is that a law abiding citizen will have no problems while a non law abiding one may be unlikely to contact me. I also write "as is" too so they can't try and "return" the purchase. I do this when I sell anything though, even on Craigs List. You make a large purchase at a hardware store, you request a receipt right. My 2 cents.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Sigh.

Who cares.

Let the people who want to do them do them. Let the people who don't - don't. As long as they it make it clear in their ad then people can choose who they want to make deals with.

This topic is always a complete beat down. Why, oh why, do I always get sucked in and post. :deadhorse:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom