Patriot Mobile

Afraid of Change or Too Comfortable to be Cutting Edge?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    We often are so comfortable with the past that we can stagnate and fail to see progress or recognize what the future can be? With technology changing so fast, can you really afford not to be on the cutting edge?

Let’s talk about the AK for a moment. We’ve all seen the Chicom Poster “Keep That Crap off My AK!” How long did it take us to get past that? First we added folders because it just made sense to make the rifle easier to store and carry. The next move was to add a flash suppressor because we wanted to dampen the fireball coming from the AK’s muzzle and compensator just isn't’t needed on a semi-automatic rifle. It wasn't’t long until we began mounting Aimpoint Micro’s on our AK’s using the Ultimak Rail. If you add a flashlight to the package you have a real squared away CQB rifle. Up until a short time ago an AK set up in this fashion was the apex of the Kalashnikov Fighting Rifle. If you had a Rifle Dynamics custom build with all these features, it just didn't’t get any better, could it?

Early this year I witnessed an AK that shot under an 8” group a 300 yards! That is hitting heads at 300 yards. This AK had an American made 12.5 inch barrel,a Texas Weapon System Dog Leg Rail Gen II, and a 3x ACOG. That rifle more than proved to me that when it comes to the AK you get out of it what you put into it! I don’t think we would’ve ever seen an AK capable of that kind of accuracy if SI had stayed with, “it’s good the way it is, it can’t be improved” attitude.

read more here
    DK Firearms

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    Good article Jon, not only do I see resistance to change on the the hardware side of things, but in the software arena as well.

Top Bottom