• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Howdy folks, my wonderful Fiancee is on the prowl for a job, and hasn't had much luck so far. She has been using head hunters, staffing agencies, etc etc, to no avail. She is looking for an administrative/clerical position or HR assistant. She is located in South Houston, and is willing to travel around 20-30 miles one way. She just graduated Cum Laude from the University of Houston. Here is her attached resume. Any help would be very appreciated, and hiring will result in dinner and drinks from us. Please email anything and everything to either me, OR, her email, at hannahlu@live.com. If you email her, please let her know you are from Jared's gun forum, so that was she knows its from a credible source. Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Wish I knew somebody in your area. All my contacts are n. central, far east, and far west Texas. Good luck ya'll

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Wrong side of town, her drive anywhere up here would be terrible. I'll keep my ears open for y'all though.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Das, speaking frankly, experience as a nanny and a barrista is probably not sufficient for most positions other than the most basic, absolute "Entry Position." My wife is presently interviewing potential candidates for an entry level Treasury financial analyst position and most applicants interned with some sort of Financial institution or Mortgage Company. She is tossing those resumes from applicants with no experience in her industry. I don't say this to dissuade Hannah from looking...I absolutely wish her the best of luck but a little experience goes a long way.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Das, speaking frankly, experience as a nanny and a barrista is probably not sufficient for most positions other than the most basic, absolute "Entry Position." My wife is presently interviewing potential candidates for an entry level Treasury financial analyst position and most applicants interned with some sort of Financial institution or Mortgage Company. She is tossing those resumes from applicants with no experience in her industry. I don't say this to dissuade Hannah from looking...I absolutely wish her the best of luck but a little experience goes a long way.

Understood. Thanks for the input

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    One thing I did think of though, has she ever considered or attempted to apply for a state, county, or city position? There are often openings without specific experience required. And if it don't work out for her, at least she will have some kind of job specific experience on her resume. And if she does like it, she'll have a job for life.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    One thing I did think of though, has she ever considered or attempted to apply for a state, county, or city position? There are often openings without specific experience required. And if it don't work out for her, at least she will have some kind of job specific experience on her resume. And if she does like it, she'll have a job for life.

True

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Yeah I would ditch the non-relevant previous jobs too. She got good grades right? Try to emphasize those and describe any long term class projects. Working with a team to complete a project, solve problems etc...

Be sure to state in the cover letter she's looking for something entry level and doesn't have experience but is a good learner (hint: good grades) and willing to work the ass off.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Other comments Jared, if I may...she doesn't list any computer skills (i.e., MS Word, Excel, etc). I am sure she has something in that area, and they should be listed. Also, she might consider using a different font, Times New Roman is pretty outdated...Arial would look better.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Howdy folks, my wonderful Fiancee is on the prowl for a job, and hasn't had much luck so far. She has been using head hunters, staffing agencies, etc etc, to no avail. She is looking for an administrative/clerical position or HR assistant. She is located in South Houston, and is willing to travel around 20-30 miles one way. She just graduated $#@! Laude from the University of Houston. Here is her attached resume. Any help would be very appreciated, and hiring will result in dinner and drinks from us. Please email anything and everything to either me, OR, her email, at hannahlu@live.com. If you email her, please let her know you are from Jared's gun forum, so that was she knows its from a credible source. Thank you so much!
    Quick question: will Hannah allow you to keep posting from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom AFTER you're married?

Last edited by a moderator:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Other comments Jared, if I may...she doesn't list any computer skills (i.e., MS Word, Excel, etc). I am sure she has something in that area, and they should be listed. Also, she might consider using a different font, Times New Roman is pretty outdated...Arial would look better.

This ∆∆

List any software she is familiar with: the MS Office ones - Visio and Power Point are pluses for personal assistants, Quick Books is good too, any CRM systems, Adobe Acrobat/Creative Suite, etc... Wouldn't hurt to put Words Per Minute if she is a fast typer either.

Hmm trying to think of the stuff HR/admin does around here: payroll, expense reports and reimbursement, travel arrangements, event organizing, receptionist... If she's done any of those things add it to the list of skills. Try to use keywords/buzzwords.

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I think she might have sent me the wrong resume, then. All of that should be on there

And you didn't proofread it before you posted it here? WTF kinda husband are YOU gonna make?!?! You're gonna ruin the poor girl's life! Sheesh....

Top Bottom