• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My Tactical and HRT training was from the 90s, geared towards prisons and vehicles and actual hardened targets like cells and buildings with ballistic glass or bars.

Even before Columbine we at the initial response level, in our setting, knew if inmates got time to barricade themselves in a control room with hostages you're gonna have a hard time getting to them. We also knew that if you did wait for non uniformed political appointees to show up they would phuck it up.

I commanded a Dart team, basically a small tactical unit to provide initial response. I told my officers in my unit and the unit we coverd if you get taken hostage and I was the commander responding I would be using slugs and buck to take out those windows then flooding it with gas asap. No matter what stay down.

This is because the first thing they do is cover the windows and then abuse the staff cause they cant be targeted. This happens every time and infact in the Lewis prison they, 2 inmates, did just that and raped a female officer literally 100s of times over days while janet Napolitano removed the prison tactical team and replaced it with DPS tactical unit. She did so cause they would obey her. They traded it like any normal situation and phucked it up.

Columbine in 99 only reinforced this. You gotta act before they kill more people. I say in a police situation in a rural area like this even allowing armed citizens to back the police up. They tazed cuffed and gassed parents trying to get to the gun fire.

Were find out kids bleed out. That infuriates me to no end. For god sakes drive your car thru the wall. Anything. Just do something

Phuck me to hell.

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    I asked someone at my bank today, what are the odds of an 18 year old working at a fast food joint getting a $5000 credit card from a bank, they told me slim to none

They don't make enough to receive a card with a limit that high, the best they would get would be $500

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I asked someone at my bank today, what are the odds of an 18 year old working at a fast food joint getting a $5000 credit card from a bank, they told me slim to none

They don't make enough to receive a card with a limit that high, the best they would get would be $500

How long did he work there?
    Bringing home $8 hour it would take a little over 2 years.

Add in a few birthday and Christmas gifts, tax refunds, any kind of pandemic related relief payments. Maybe even some stolen from the parents and grandparents here and there could all help.

Maybe I'm way off, but If all the kid did was sit in his room and sulk or play video games all day, $5,000 can be saved up rather easily. He really didn't seem to have a busy social life or future to be spending money on.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    A former POTUS wasted no time on twitter to comment:

Former President Barack Obama linked the Uvalde shooting to the two-year anniversary of the George Floyd murder. Obama took to Twitter to share the message just after the murder at Robb Elementary School that killed 19 children and two fourth-grade teachers.

“As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer.” Obama tweeted. “His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.”
    What a douche! To bring that up is a disgrace and insult to those who died in Uvalde.
    There's s HUGE difference... Difference was those kids were all innocent! While George Floyd didn't deserve to die, he was a dirtbag.

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    While I agree with the first part, violent video games have been around longer than the internet. I used to play those video games, but I was able to distinguish between reality and fantasy. The internet is not so easily defined. Kids look for likes from others, no matter how messed up their dialog may be, there are those spurring them on. It's not always easy to know what is a joke and what is serious (as you can see even on this forum) online. If kids are learning their morality online, as opposed to through parenting, then the odds are they'll be messed up themselves.
    ^^^ In my opinion, this is the most important and accurate post I have seen in a long time ^^^

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

Add in a few birthday and Christmas gifts, tax refunds, any kind of pandemic related relief payments. Maybe even some stolen from the parents and grandparents here and there could all help.

Maybe I'm way off, but If all the kid did was sit in his room and sulk or play video games all day, $5,000 can be saved up rather easily. He really didn't seem to have a busy social life or future to be spending money on.
    He was a loner. Another sign to watch for.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin

I don't know about Uvalde but around here there are signs all over for $15‐17/hr.

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I don't know about Uvalde but around here there are signs all over for $15‐17/hr.
    Assuming he paid no rent, had no bills (he was bitching about his grandmother complaining about the bill for HIS cell phone), he could probably be taking home at least $10 per hour after taxes and shit.
    Let's say he worked only 20 hours per week so he could play plenty of video games and time for Satan worship. That wouldn't take long at all to save up 2-3k for guns and ammo.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    The last school I was superintendent on was 4 years ago. Part of the project was changing out all 155 wood doors to metal doors with small double pane glass inserts.. Each door opens in and the teacher had a key that only opened their class room and not the other rooms. There were 4 master keys that only the office staff had access to.

I forgot to mention that ALL exterior doors remained locked and could only be opened with a key card. This included, not only the teachers and school staff, but myself and the security company upgrading the system. All workers had to be vetted through NCIC and have a numbered badge with their picture and name on it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is that the same pûssy that cried like a little bitch when some people showed up outside his house?

He can FOAD.

I get disagreeing with him, but the event you are using for correlation was when a mob of leftists kicked his door hard enough to crack it while his wife and children were home alone and he was out of town.

He was a bit angry, not sure how it correlates to “pussy that cried like a little bitch”.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Part of the project was changing out all 155 wood doors to metal doors with small double pane glass inserts.. Each door opens in and the teacher had a key that only opened their class room and not the other rooms. There were 4 master keys that only the office staff had access to.
    Excessive. Only needs a solid door, small window (screened) and lockable from the INSIDE. Fire code says doors open OUT which also makes it very difficult to breach from outside. Something like a good dead bolt that is easily locked/unlocked from inside all that is needed. Teacher doesn't need a key (to get lost), just lock the door when class is in session. Biggest real problem is not paying attention to the proper protocol by school staff. Yea, TSA setup is not real good either. Actual the biggest deterrent there is all the armed LE at checkpoints.

I can see that you never worked on any GISD or DISD schools or had anything to do with the new or remodeled ones. all plans are drawn by architects and signed off by the cities and school districts. The fire department is also involved. How would the teachers get into their rooms if they didn't have a key? Also some teachers would come in over the weekend for a couple of hours and need to get into their rooms. The doors would automatically lock when they were closed.

Your right about the doors opening out. That's what I get for listening to my wife while trying to think.

Last edited:

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx

That rules out the use of a credit card

They will find out how he paid for them and hopefully we will be told

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    May They Rest in Peace. Way to young to die. Also the teachers and one of the teachers husband who died.
    283961543_2686741764803260_2860133190708435831_n.jpg

Top Bottom