• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I'm gonna keep buying ammo at Academy... hate me.
    Why would I hate you? You do you and that's perfectly fine. I hate that they bowed down to anti scary gun people. They have a decent selection of pistols, but it's all paw paws rifles and shotguns. It didn't used to be that way.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    If it's my money I will spend it where I want.
    If you want to pay for something for me buy where you want.
    There is not many unwoke companies anywhere, so go ahead watch your China made television while wearing your child labor made shoes and clothes.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Why would I hate you? You do you and that's perfectly fine. I hate that they bowed down to anti scary gun people. They have a decent selection of pistols, but it's all paw paws rifles and shotguns. It didn't used to be that way.
    You haven't been in the Academy near me. There have AR's and usually a good selection on handguns.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    If it's my money I will spend it where I want.
    If you want to pay for something for me buy where you want.
    There is not many unwoke companies anywhere, so go ahead watch your China made television while wearing your child labor made shoes and clothes.
    Are you mad at me? I never said you couldn't spend money there. Just pointing out they changed.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    The Academy near me has AR's, maybe not advertised online.
    Just like same Walmart's have .22 ammo and some don't.
    No reason either to be upset

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Most publicly held companies tend to do things that minimizes their PC exposure. If they were like Dick's you couldn't buy a gun of any kind there, or ammo for that matter. I can live with their policies. But not their current ammo prices.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    But not their current ammo prices.

Now that I work in a gunshop, I get to see behind the curtain so to speak. What was retail pricing is now wholesale pricing. We use vendors like Sports South, Lipsey, etc. and when i receive in a order the price is always going up from last purchase. He'll there's been ammo calibers out of stock for a year now. Its been hell trying to find 270, 30-30, 243, 22-250, 17hmr & a few others. They do show up on allocation from time to time but it's always limited amounts & you have to pretty much have your email open or you'll miss out.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Was in Daytona last week, found one box of 168gr Hornady for 30$. Snatched it up. 3 one lb of longshot (30$ each) stayed there. Lots of pistols, few ARs, more bolts rifles.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Well the email I got says they don't process ar's, ak's or pistols with braces.

Screenshot_20220718-172000_Samsung Internet.jpg

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I was an Academy supporter and have their card for the 5% off. Not accepting legal guns and upping the price for a transfer just reaks of fear of lawsuits.

I'm surprised they took my Stribog last month. The brace wasn't attached so maybe it slipped by.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I have an ak-p on order from Palmetto and I awoke to an email saying I have to choose a new ffl because Academy doesn't accept ar/ak or braced pistols. I was also informed Saturday when I was in there that the transfer fee was raised to $60.

Buh bye Academy.
    It's been a good run.
    Academy is for Tee shirts, lawn chairs, & ice chest parts. . . .

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I dont think the store in sherman has any black rifles. It is chock full of budget plastic garbage rods and turkish shotguns though. Pistol selections is decent but prices are meh. I think if you are going to go the fudd route, atleast give us a better selection of rifles. I am way more likely to impulse buy a bergara over a savage axis

Top Bottom