Lynx Defense

Abbott Now Going to Increase Restrictions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    These so called conservatives pull this crap because they know most will still vote for them because they are better than the alternative. I already was not going to vote for him. Now I might vote against him. If I do, it will be the first time I have ever voted for a democrat. They need to learn a lesson.
    It looks like we both have already voted for a democrat.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    IMHO Abbott is looking forward to a potential run at the Presidency. This puts him in the position of taking every opportunity to build a base of support wider than just Texas. The national media criticism of his leadership on the Covid issue is hurting his chances so, no matter what Texas thinks, he needs to position himself as a leader that sees the bigger picture and can be accepted by all of America.

Of course, this is not what we elected him to do, but he cannot afford to be myopic and focus on today because politicians are all about where they will be tomorrow.

I just wish he would take the pulse of the people and see what Texas citizens want, not the media or the experts. The way it is now, he is acting in isolation telling us instead of asking us.
    He isn't going anywhere nationally. Another weak ass Bush clone.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Nicki Haley will be the next Republican nominee. Dont worry about Abbott.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Abbott can bend over and fellate himself. Its perfectly clear that the "spike" was because of rioters, protesters, and dipshits otherwise engaged in uncivil activities - not because of bars, white water rafting (seriously, WTF?) or other social activities since reopening began. He's too chicken-shit to call a spade a spade and put the blame squarely where it belongs.
    You are going to be okay in Texas. We don't have a secret handshake, but we do have favorite words. This is one of mine (Asshole) does not demean a persons family, but puts it all on the offender. Like this....Get off of my car asshole! LOL!

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Interesting all the criticism of Abbott with no claim to a solution. Closes bars as the clients won't act right. Bars gripe they get closed do to alcohol sales. Well, just serve food for a while. You might not die from not wearing a mask but someone else might. Acting like the spoiled kids. I didn't mind the coved test at the hospital today, they did a blood test too. Object to that on constitutional basis? Silly.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    If you're scared, that's ok.
    Just don't expect me to be scared as well.
    I'm not. I won't be. And I ain't wearing a useless, virtue signaling mask.
    The retail outlets can haul my shit out and load it for me. No tip, no gratuity.
    I don't play stupid games.
    I'll go where I please. If I'm asked to leave, I'll leave. For good.
    Kiss my ass and my money goodbye.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    82878503_3303043509739359_4863415242537724258_n_6e2c0d0c21141ae4e6ddbebd45b451495b77ac46.jpg

Attachments

• 82878503_3303043509739359_4863415242537724258_n_6e2c0d0c21141ae4e6ddbebd45b451495b77ac46.jpg
      82878503_3303043509739359_4863415242537724258_n_6e2c0d0c21141ae4e6ddbebd45b451495b77ac46.jpg
      55.1 KB · Views: 183

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Interesting all the criticism of Abbott with no claim to a solution. Closes bars as the clients won't act right. Bars gripe they get closed do to alcohol sales. Well, just serve food for a while. You might not die from not wearing a mask but someone else might. Acting like the spoiled kids. I didn't mind the coved test at the hospital today, they did a blood test too. Object to that on constitutional basis? Silly.
    Hospital cases are going up not because of the number that are sick from it but the number of sick people finally going to the hospital for other non-related problems that have it or have had it. The age group of people getting it are precisely the age groups in the demonstrations and are the least likely to be affected by anything but fear.

And we are supposed to put up with this crap without complaint??????
    You wake up every day with the possibility that you may not see tomorrow. It's a fact of life. And it isn't a new thing. The rest of us are not obligated to see that you are the winner, come in first place or are the survivor. Get over yourself.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you're scared, that's ok.
    Just don't expect me to be scared as well.
    I'm not. I won't be. And I ain't wearing a useless, virtue signaling mask.
    The retail outlets can haul my shit out and load it for me. No tip, no gratuity.
    I don't play stupid games.
    I'll go where I please. If I'm asked to leave, I'll leave. For good.
    Kiss my ass and my money goodbye.

That’s what it’s come down too.

State and County GOPs aren’t willing to break rank with Abbot. He folded after business told him do something that stops making them the enforcement mechanism or they’re done supporting him.

Went to vote at 4p, today, R primary runoff here. The election judge and poll workers hand masks hung around there necks and were handing out gloves and masks. Had to put them on the get a ballot and use the machine.

This type of ‘integrity’ in the executive branch is what we’re up against.

Top Bottom