• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    tyler, TX
    this aint new, just finally getting out of the hands of jd jones and to the general populus! glad to see a whisper cartridge finally getting to saami for cartridge manufacturers, I love my 300 hope glad to see it finally getting some recognition

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The round itself is NEW. But the concept as embodied by the 300 Whisper is not new.

Wonder what JD is thinking?

subhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    tyler, TX
    who cares, He was rude when I first built my 300/221 fireball (whisper knockoff), which I understand proprietary products, but he should have known most wildcat shooters only need specs to build their own. Talked to a couple of guys over on the quarterbore forum and a few of them including myself have plans to ream our barrels to accept the longer case neck length to about .010 so we can use off the shelf brass and shells from remington. Just waiting for the chamber reamers to be released. I really hope this catches on. For deer and hog out to 250 yards the 125 noslers are great. at 2250 fps out of my 10.5 inch barrel, its like having a semi auto 30/30, subs sound like my mp5sd but smack targets with the 220gr smk. Hope aac includes an adjustable gas block in the pistol position or its extremely hard to cycle sub and super out of the same gun.

Top Bottom