• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot Arms 1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Texas City, Texas
    FYI for all you guys that own the GSG-5 SD with the larger faux suppressor. The BATFE has rulled that the SD supressor now falls under the NFA
    rules and is being classified as a real suppressor. All owners are advised to return your original SD faux suppressor to your dealer along with the serial number of the weapon and it will be sent back to ATI and replaced with a smaller LEGAL faux suppressor. If you are caught in possession of the original SD Faux suppressor you are in violation of NFA and subject to prosecution according to letter by ATI.

Our shop was notified of this about 2 weeks ago.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How is it a real suppressor? It's really just a barrel shroud... no gasses go into it. Can you post a link to this on the BATFE website? I cant find it.

Patriot Arms 1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Texas City, Texas
    Our shop received a letter from all our distributors that was issued by ATI. This was a form letter that advised that BATFE has made the determation this the faux suppressor was indeed a real suppressor. It is my understanding that thru testing of the faux suppressor, if it reduces the sound by even 1db it is considered a suppressor by the powers to be. I will try and get the letter onto the form so that you guys can see what I was sent.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    ok, sorry for the thread hijack, but I'm all pissed off and paranoid now... Here's my GSG. Is it the one that's effected by the BATFE's ruling?
    3584092139_9633bb278c.jpg

Patriot Arms 1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Texas City, Texas
    Dan, no yours is ok, its the fatter 1 9/16" faux suppressors that they are speaking of. The SD's will be replaced with one's like yours. Chill out, your fine. All of our SD customers are pissed about this but what can we do. ??????

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I know it's been a while since this thread was active, but ATI does have a web site where you can input the serial number of your GSG-5SD and see if the recall work has been accomplished:

GSG Recall

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not sure what you mean, are you looking for the original GSG-5 SD can that was deemed "illegal;" or what the replacement looks like?

If the former, here ya go...

gsg-5-sd-poster.jpg

And, as far as I know, the new can looks exactly the same; except it is now solid instead of hollow.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom