• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    After the inflated support quote used by our president, everyone here should vote your conscience in this poll.

Congressional action on guns | Need to Know | PBS

If for nothing else, the fact that it is on a PBS site ...

94% for leaving gun laws alone.

I don't get why so much effort is being spent by our lawmakers on something that clearly the vast majority of the people think is a non-issue.
    ARJ Defense ad

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    as soon as I noticed it, I came back in here to delete my post. But couldn't because SOMEONE posted in it, pointing out my interweb short-comings.

:eek:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    What should Congress do about gun control?

• Leave federal gun laws as they are (95%, 26,444 Votes)
    • Expand background checks, ban assault weapons and limit the capacity of magazines (3%, 803 Votes)
    • Only expand background checks (2%, 705 Votes)
    Total Voters: 27,952

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Voted.

• Leave federal gun laws as they are (95%, 31,244 Votes)
    • Expand background checks, ban assault weapons and limit the capacity of magazines (3%, 863 Votes)
    • Only expand background checks (2%, 780 Votes)
    Total Voters: 32,887

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I'll leave such weighty issues as chiding someone about something being under discussion someplace else to the Moderators...not some self-appointed neighborhood thread-watch police.

If that was a snide comment about me telling him there was already two (2) more threads with the same poll linked (in the first post nonetheless), and the fact that one of the threads was started the same day as this thread, you can note that I was not being rude to him about it and I even said that it happens. However, it shouldn't be up to the moderators of the board to police the members. That's not what they should be here for. We're all adults and should be able to do that for ourselves. If you notice a thread about the same topic, then join in on that thread instead of starting a new one. Otherwise, multiple threads of the same subject just clutter up the board and make it more work for the moderators to have to condense into one spot OR people miss pertinent information because it is strewn about instead of in one location.

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    [h=1]Congressional action on guns[/h]

• Leave federal gun laws as they are (95%, 40,512 Votes)
    • Expand background checks, ban assault weapons and limit the capacity of magazines (3%, 1,173 Votes)
    • Only expand background checks (2%, 1,125 Votes)
    Total Voters: 42,810

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    If that was a snide comment about me telling him there was already two (2) more threads with the same poll linked (in the first post nonetheless), and the fact that one of the threads was started the same day as this thread, you can note that I was not being rude to him about it and I even said that it happens. However, it shouldn't be up to the moderators of the board to police the members. That's not what they should be here for. We're all adults and should be able to do that for ourselves. If you notice a thread about the same topic, then join in on that thread instead of starting a new one. Otherwise, multiple threads of the same subject just clutter up the board and make it more work for the moderators to have to condense into one spot OR people miss pertinent information because it is strewn about instead of in one location.

Is acting like an adult a requirement??????

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington

• [*=left]Leave federal gun laws as they are (95%, 40,514 Votes)

[*=left]Expand background checks, ban assault weapons and limit the capacity of magazines (3%, 1,173 Votes)

[*=left]Only expand background checks (2%, 1,125 Votes)
    Total Voters: 42,812

Top Bottom