• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It just dawned on me that I never mentioned the passing of my loving bride back on March 20th due to complications from the stroke she suffered back in January of 2022. We had 25 wonderful years together, and while the past few years were challenging at times, I wouldn't trade out time together for anything. I've beat the walls, cursed the moon.....and decided that life isn't over for me. With the blessing of family (and her own daughters), I've actually been dating - now, THAT is a shitshow. But, it is what it is....
    I buried her alongside my maternal GG-Grandfather, Gustav Elley (once a Texas Ranger) in our family cemetery in McQueeney, Texas.....her own great-grandfather was Charles Goodnight, so she always asked about being buried there when it was her time. Since I'm the cemetery grounds manager, I was able to secure her plot next to Gustav.

Date night.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Well written

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    It just dawned on me that I never mentioned the passing of my loving bride back on March 20th due to complications from the stroke she suffered back in January of 2022. We had 25 wonderful years together, and while the past few years were challenging at times, I wouldn't trade out time together for anything. I've beat the walls, cursed the moon.....and decided that life isn't over for me. With the blessing of family (and her own daughters), I've actually been dating - now, THAT is a shitshow. But, it is what it is....
    I buried her alongside my maternal GG-Grandfather, Gustav Elley (once a Texas Ranger) in our family cemetery in McQueeney, Texas.....her own great-grandfather was Charles Goodnight, so she always asked about being buried there when it was her time. Since I'm the cemetery grounds manager, I was able to secure her plot next to Gustav.

View attachment 474527
    I am so sorry that is so sad

Top Bottom