• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Very nice. Thanks for the info. I have one of those hogue over .920 stocks and still deciding what part to pick up next. I like my little stock 10/22 but it just don't get it. Look forward to a range report on that build.
    No problem. I was skeptical at first about spending the extra coin on the kidd receiver instead of just getting a ruger receiver but without a doubt its worth the extra money. It is a beautiful piece of aluminum. The rail is rock solid as well, all in all its just a great receiver and with the trigger group pins its even nicer. Im very happy with everything I got from kidd. I also got their drop in trigger kit since Ive got the polymer trigger group. Took all of 10 minutes to install, 6 of that was watching this video
    Ruger 10/22 Kidd Trigger Job Kit Install - YouTube
    Which helped a lot but he forgets to tell you that the bottom of the hammer spring is suppose to sit in the notch in the auto bolt release. I knew something was wrong when the spring was just kinda floating around in the trigger group. Started looking closer when I noticed the notch and knew what had happened. Aside from that everything went together very easy and the trigger feel is just awesome. I went with the no color spring which is suppose to net a 1 3/4# pull. Its every bit as clean of a trigger as my geissele SSA-E in my AR or my timney in my R700. Cant beat it for a 100 bucks. I think Ill send the polymer trigger group out of my takedown to the brimstone guy just to see if there is a difference since theyre both about the same price. I don't see how it could be any better than the kidd though. The notch in the hammer that engages the trigger is very cleanly cut and small(why theres no creep and a clean break) added in with the nice pins they supply and the trigger tuning kit Im very pleased.
    Looking good!
    We need to get another range trip going here soon now that Ive got guns I want to shoot. I picked this up yesterday
    20130410_215539_zps26149a3e.jpg

20130410_145401_zps2ac77678.jpg

308 5R 24" with the HS precision stock so I can hang out with you on the big boy firing line.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    My order from Kidd was 415 with tax and shipping. A lot for a friggin 10/22 receiver but that got me the nice guide rod with springs, trigger tuning springs, bolt buffer, auto bolt release, threaded trigger group pins, and their drop in trigger kit. I hated to spend that much but after getting them in my hands Im glad I spent the extra money on the good stuff. Theres just no comparison to the stock ruger stuff, which there shouldn't be for the price but its a worthwhile upgrade. Kidd's scalloped bolt is a really good value too since the its got all the good work done to it already, plus it looks good, I just couldn't use it since Im using the volquartsen 17hm2 bolt.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    We need to get another range trip going here soon now that Ive got guns I want to shoot. I picked this up yesterday
    20130410_215539_zps26149a3e.jpg

20130410_145401_zps2ac77678.jpg

308 5R 24" with the HS precision stock so I can hang out with you on the big boy firing line.

Absolutely! I'm waiting to get my new stock before I go burn up any ammo. Should be about 2 weeks.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Anytime you want to hit up ASC just let me know. I am a member there and get a real good deal on guests.
    Forgive my ignorance but whaf is ASC? I'm from Houston so I'm down there fairly often.
    It's looking great. Is the OAL different with that barrel/stock combination?
    Its 2" shorter than a standard 10/22 as I believe the standard 10/22 barrel is 18". The big thing is the carbon fiber barrel, taking all that weight off the nose makes for a wonderfully balanced rifle. Especially with the boat anchor scope that currently resides on it.
    So, there is no legal problem with this?
    Is this the internet police? Use your head and really think about it.
    Absolutely! I'm waiting to get my new stock before I go burn up any ammo. Should be about 2 weeks.
    Good deal, thats going to be a badass stock. Im interested to see how my cheapo stock stacks up against your really nice one. Once you het it post up and we can get another range trip planned.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Is this the internet police? Use your head and really think about it.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, & it does not bother me in the least, but there was a thread concerning a wife buying her
    husbands gun or something like that, & this is very similar, that's all.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    We are both legal to own a firearm so it doesnt matter. She carries a gun registered to me. Ive got some of my dads guns and hes got some of mine. We are all legal to own firearms and have permission from each other to have them. The 10/22 receiver for the gun I just built just happens to be registered in her name since I didnt have time to get by the ffl. Theres nothing illegal about someone buying a gun for someone who is legal to own a firearm. Now if I was a felon or mentally ill that would be different but I'm just regular crazy not institutional crazy.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I'm talking about who filled out the 4473. The fact that we dont have a registry is even more reason for why making an issue of my wife picking it up for me is stupid.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    We are both legal to own a firearm so it doesnt matter. She carries a gun registered to me. Ive got some of my dads guns and hes got some of mine. We are all legal to own firearms and have permission from each other to have them. The 10/22 receiver for the gun I just built just happens to be registered in her name since I didnt have time to get by the ffl. Theres nothing illegal about someone buying a gun for someone who is legal to own a firearm. Now if I was a felon or mentally ill that would be different but I'm just regular crazy not institutional crazy.

Glad you clarified that! Kyle's been talkin' about you up here!:rolleyes:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'm talking about who filled out the 4473. The fact that we dont have a registry is even more reason for why making an issue of my wife picking it up for me is stupid.

He wasn't making an issue of it, he was merely asking so as to gain clarity around the definition of straw purchases. Get your panties untwisted and relax.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    He wasn't making an issue of it, he was merely asking so as to gain clarity around the definition of straw purchases. Get your panties untwisted and relax.

Sorry, figured someone with 5 years and over 5000 post might have picked up a thing or two. Obviously not, my mistake.

Top Bottom