• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I've got one(scorpion Evo) but I'd sooner grab the shotgun if I had the chance. Although a 20rd mag in the sig x full should handle anything less than a zombie hoarde. I think people tend to over prep for home invasions. I've had numerous law enforcement tell me time and time again most firefights occur within 10 feet. There will be no advantage in wielding a rifle and the sheer size of even a pistol ak or AR is still cumbersome.

The FBI, and most local agencies don't really track distance in self defense shootings. They do track OIS's, and thats typically 0-5 feet, but it goes without saying the average person isn't doing the things cops are.

While AK/AR's are larger, they are ballistically superior, easier to shoot under duress, and a 30 round mag in an AR or AK will be more reliable than a 30 round mag in a pistol.

I wouldn't count using a rifle for HD as "over preparing". Over preparing would be something like sleeping in your plate carrier, or pre-tripping your breaker and constantly wearing NODs or something.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    East Texas
    9mm tends to go through (several) stucco walls with ease, compared to a 5.56. In fact, a soft point or a HP in the 55gr variants tend to fragment so much that going through one residential wall (stucco + insulation + drywall + and maybe a 2x4) will likely cause the bullet to disintegrate without punching through an additional wall.

Whereas a 147gr 9mm really travels deep through residential walls and might be more of a concern to me than a 5.56. Plus as others have already pointed out, the rapport with a 5.56 within the confines of a house would be much more intense and severe than a 9mm, so I’ll gladly take my chances with using a 9 for my home protection.

Top Bottom