• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I have 2 - 1911 though - 10mm & 460 Rowland. And they are every bit of the fun you can imagine. You are welcome to try either/both anytime you are near Houston.

Edit to finish up my PCC choices:

9mm - went Kel Tec Sub 2000. It was selected because stowage and speed of deployment are unmatched. It's the truck or saddlebag long gun and it plays well with the M&P doing truck/holster duty.

357/38 - went Marlin 1894. It plays well with either of my revolvers.

460 Rowland - I'm just one of them guys that wants to get some hog killing action. It plays well with the 5" 1911 doublestack 460 Rowland.

10mm - I simply love shooting 10mm and wanted to play with a 16"barrel.

I have a .460 Rowland conversion in G-21. A buddy of mine put extra heavy springs (more than they recommend), plus the comp to tame it levels that don't the crap out of me.
    Venture Surplus ad

91B10

HATES: Politicians and Rust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    South Texas
    IMG_2179.JPG
    IMG_2180.JPG

Chiapas's M1-9mm uses Beretta 92 mags, no issue with hitting 10' steel at 100yds. Its fun to shoot and zero recoil. Does NOT like Russian steel cased ammo or Megcar 32 rd mags. Other than that I am very happy with it. Not as Tacticool as some of the others i have seen on this thread but I'm good with "Old school" cool.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    View attachment 151979 View attachment 151980
    Chiapas's M1-9mm uses Beretta 92 mags, no issue with hitting 10' steel at 100yds. Its fun to shoot and zero recoil. Does NOT like Russian steel cased ammo or Megcar 32 rd mags. Other than that I am very happy with it. Not as Tacticool as some of the others i have seen on this thread but I'm good with "Old school" cool.
    I heard jamming was an issue on there rifles. What is your experience?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I've got several 9mm carbines and I'm a big fan. Here's my list:

1. Two MKE94 9mm carbines with 16" barrels which I've had converted to "HK34" by having the triple-tree moved forward, extended the cocking tube, and it now uses HK33/93 forearm. Lots of fun. One can take a suppressor and the other has a target crown with no threading.
    2. Marlin Camp 9 carbine, which is a LOT of fun. The trigger is nothing to brag about, but it's very reliable. I don't like the fact that it uses S&W mags, but it is what it is. I've put an aftermarket bolt handle on it and new buffer, both of which help a lot. You've got to add a rail if you wish to use an optic. Iron sights are not ideal, but are pretty traditional.
    3. Ruger PCC which is a total win, in my book. If it had a pistol grip it would be even better. The fact that it takes down is awesome. The fact that it can use GLOCK mags is even awesomer. LOL I like the fact that the bolt handle can be switched to the left side. Also, the barrel is threaded, so suppressor use is a cinch. Easy to use optics of any type you wish due to the picatinny rail, but the factory irons are great--including a peep rear.
    4. Freedom Ordnance FX-9 carbine and pistol. The carbine has a 16" barrel and is threaded. The pistol has an 8.25" threaded barrel and a KAK stabilizing brace. Both are very AR-like and I've installed Larue MBT-2S triggers into each of them. Both use GLOCK mags, of course.
    5. HK94, which is an expensive option, for sure. But if you have one, you're likely never to sell it--they're that good.

If I was starting with a clean slate and had to have a 9mm carbine, I'd go with the Ruger PCC. Full stop, end of story.
    Nice collection

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Which would you eliminate off the choices and why are you eliminating that firearm(s)?
    I would eliminate the Sig MPX and CZ Scorpion because the magazine is housed in front of the grip. One of the great things about pistol caliber carbines is how compact they are, but putting the magazine well in front of the grip needlessly makes it larger. Put the magazine in the grip just like the pistol it pairs to.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    All are pretty nice. Personally I like the glock mag compatible Keltec sub 2000. If i recall they are still hard to get and cost a bit more than many would pay.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    All are pretty nice. Personally I like the glock mag compatible Keltec sub 2000. If i recall they are still hard to get and cost a bit more than many would pay.

They've finally become widely available (in comparison to previous years) and can be had for less than MSRP.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom