• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k3td

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2024
    Williamson County
    I have several Sig P365 variants I like very much including a 365X, XL and X Macro - and would like to find something different for pocket carry. Looking for recommendations for 9 mm only with:
    1. DAO or DA/SA only
    2. No manual safety
    3. Available new
    4. 10 round mags minimum
    Thank you!

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    KelTec P15

Lightweight (14oz)

12 rd with flush mag

15 rd with extended

The grip safety and mag disconnect can be ‘turned off’ with a switch of a detent on the frame under the slide (designed that way and instructions on how to turn the switch are in the manual)

I run mine with no safety… grip safety is turned off (will fire if grip safety is, or is not depressed) and mag disconnect is off (will fire with mag out)

IMG_9508.jpeg

TYPE: Striker-fired semi-automatic
    CALIBER: 9 mm
    CAPACITY: 12+1 or 15+1
    HEIGHT: 5 in.
    WIDTH: 0.875 in.
    OVERALL LENGTH: 6.6 in.
    BARREL LENGTH: 4 in.
    WEIGHT: 14 oz.
    FRONT SIGHTS: Tritium fiber optic
    REAR SIGHTS: Tritium two-dot MATERIALS: Black polymer frame and grip
    or aluminum frame with walnut grips
    TRIGGER: 5 lbs.
    MSRP: $425 polymer

Last edited:

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    make sure you can draw it from your pocket. I have a Ruger LC9, it will fit in my pocket but can't be drawn. I would have to take it out of my pocket, then reposition it in my hand to fire it. I carry a 642 revolver, doesn't meet your requirements at all. tho.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    KelTec P15

Lightweight (14oz)

12 rd with flush mag

15 rd with extended

The grip safety and mag disconnect can be ‘turned off’ with a switch of a detent on the frame under the slide (designed that way and instructions on how to turn the switch are in the manual)

I run mine with no safety… grip safety is turned off (will fire if grip safety is, or is not depressed) and mag disconnect is off (will fire with mag out)

View attachment 473476

TYPE: Striker-fired semi-automatic
    CALIBER: 9 mm
    CAPACITY: 12+1 or 15+1
    HEIGHT: 5 in.
    WIDTH: 0.875 in.
    OVERALL LENGTH: 6.6 in.
    BARREL LENGTH: 4 in.
    WEIGHT: 14 oz.
    FRONT SIGHTS: Tritium fiber optic
    REAR SIGHTS: Tritium two-dot MATERIALS: Black polymer frame and grip
    or aluminum frame with walnut grips
    TRIGGER: 5 lbs.
    MSRP: $425 polymer
    Whoops… doesn’t meet your requirement for DAO or DA/SA

Sorry… missed that

DustyDuds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2023
    Fort Worth
    I thinking that there aren’t any pistols that meet all 4 criteria!

The only one I can think of that comes close is the Beretta PX4 COMPACT CARRY 2; but it’s not really “small”.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I pocket carry a KelTec PF9. Seven rounds plus one in the chamber - so not ten rounds, but the mags are tiny and it's easy to carry spares. It's tiny, lightweight, draws easily from a pocket holster, is surprisingly accurate, and was blatantly copied by Ruger for the LCP. Hammer fired DAO, no safety. They're discontinued, so you'd have to find a used one...but they're also inexpensive to acquire.

1726017014487.png

Not my hand, not my pistol...but my pistol looks exactly like this one.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I pocket carry a KelTec PF9. Seven rounds plus one in the chamber - so not ten rounds, but the mags are tiny and it's easy to carry spares. It's tiny, lightweight, draws easily from a pocket holster, is surprisingly accurate, and was blatantly copied by Ruger for the LCP. Hammer fired DAO, no safety. They're discontinued, so you'd have to find a used one...but they're also inexpensive to acquire.

View attachment 473523
    I love my PF9. Its easy to pocket carry. But its not what I would consider to be dao, and I wish it was - as in it does not have "re-strike" capability.

It's in that "no mans land". Not dao, not da/sa, closer to being sao but there's no accessing the hammer to manually cock.
    Not accurate, but the best way I can describe it: Cycling the slide partially pre-loads the firing pin and the trigger takes it the rest of the way. If there is a misfire, the trigger will not engage the firing pin without it being pre-loaded... Maybe it is more accurate to just say that the trigger will not reset without the slide cycling.

Does yours operate differently?

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I love my PF9. Its easy to pocket carry. But its not what I would consider to be dao, and I wish it was - as in it does not have re-strike capability.

It's in that "no mans land". Not dao, not da/sa, closer to being sao but there's no accessing the hammer to manually cock.
    Cycling the slide partially pre-loads the firing pin and the trigger takes it the rest of the way. If there is a misfire, the trigger will not engage the firing pin without it being pre-loaded.

Does yours operate differently?

It's been a while since I've fired it (at least a year) but I seem to recall being able to re-fire a light strike on Monarch ammo (the only ammo it does that on). But...I just checked and you're right. You have to rack the slide to set the hammer for it to fire. So, SAO not DAO.

I'll need to remember that.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

View attachment 473523
    How's the trigger? I tried my SIL's LCP (first gen, I believe) and it had the worst trigger I have ever used. Hope they didn't copy that!

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom