• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    It might actually be a reason I hire my wife if I go self employed. Both our insurance costs would be tax deductible against the business as employee benefits.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    One could argue that a right to life includes healthcare to save/preserve it.

Pretty big stretch. Nowhere does it say you have a right to the fruits of someone else's labor. By saying you have a "right" to healthcare you are saying that someone has a right to take from a medical professioal's expertise and training without having to compensate them for it.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Pretty big stretch. Nowhere does it say you have a right to the fruits of someone else's labor. By saying you have a "right" to healthcare you are saying that someone has a right to take from a medical professioal's expertise and training without having to compensate them for it.

It has to be balanced against what the government is obligated to provide. I agree there's no obligation for the government to provide healthcare, per se, only the right of someone who can afford it to buy it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

what the frick! mark it down, Hoji said something not gun related that I completely agree with. :peace:
    In fact, you saved me from replying to Mreed

Rattler60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Oh really, I'm self employed, not on ACA and just lost my Blue Cross PPO. Would you contact bcbs of Texas and explain to them their mistake.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Rattler60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Oops reply didn't work that was directed at Tejano Scott's explanation that this was just ACA

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    That is EXACTLY what the control freaks in gov't WANT!!!!

What better way to control EVERYBODY. (don't follow MY rules, You are DENIED COVERAGE!!!)
    If you own a firearm, You lose certain benefits!!!!!!! See the result???????

You will live the way that is described or you will lose something.

The BUREAUCRACY WILL DECIDE ALL THAT IS BEST FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob
    How many current enrollees have lost their guns as a results, or this just fanciful fear-mongering?

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Humana has doubled in price both years since signing up for it. And they say they're losing money.....

They just need to expand Medicare to all Americans and be done with it.

14th Amendment:

Equal Protection under the law.

Lol ah yes. Gubbermint screw up healthcare markets, so let's expand gubbermint's role and put everyone on the gubbermint's dole.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Lol ah yes. Gubbermint screw up healthcare markets, so let's expand gubbermint's role and put everyone on the gubbermint's dole.
    The industry was fundamentally broken to begin with. Prices had no relationship to actual costs.

But this is an equal protection issue. One group of people are treated very differently (those aged 19-64) than the rest of the population. The government needs to treat all citizens equally.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Thats not nurturing. I'm all for not cutting the poor any slack like the rest of you, but you're not a commie unless you have the secret Stalin Decoder Ring.

I think you have me wrong. I am all for cutting the poor some slack and helping them. I don't think its government's place to do it. Its the place of individuals and not for profit groups who volunteer to help with their time and money.

And yes, a Stalin Decoder Ring would get you on "the spreadsheet", ha

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The industry was fundamentally broken to begin with. Prices had no relationship to actual costs.

But this is an equal protection issue. One group of people are treated very differently (those aged 19-64) than the rest of the population. The government needs to treat all citizens equally.

Insurance doesn't equal government. "Equal protection" is irrelevant to the market.

Top Bottom