• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tackleberry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    On Wednesday, I went to one of our LGS this afternoon looking for either a nice used DE.44MAG or a nice used or new 1911. No luck on a nice used DE .44MAG, but I did manage to buy a new 1911. I picked up one of the new Remington 1911-R1 ENHANCED models (that makes it 81 1911s now). I got it for $886 OTD. That was a good deal in my opinion. It is a really nice pistol. The trigger pull is light a crisp at about 3.5lbs. The grips are nice, as is the extended slide safety.

001-14.gif

002-15.gif

003-13.gif

With my original Remington 1911-R1
    005-8.gif

BTW, I did manage to get to the range with it on Friday morning. It performed beautifully. I only put 32 rounds through it, but they all made a nice fist-size pattern in the head @ 7 yds. I probably could have done better, but I was not concerned with pinpoint accuracy.
    Capitol Armory ad

Huntinggal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    dallas
    That is a very handsome looking gun! The hubby and I have been looking for a 1911 for awhile now...there are just so many to choose from!

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Maam, 1911s are like boyfriends / husbands. Pick one out you like, give it a try and if it don't work out, move on to something else. Buying a new 1911 is like falling in love. You hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    So what is the [FONT]availability[/FONT] of the Remington R1 Enhanced? Are they as hard to come by as the Ruger?

BTW, NICE!

Thanks
    Brad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Scott ain't real happy....seems the only 1911 he's like in a while is that Sig....an' he ain't got it no more!

So....there's my first for 2012!

Oh, wait....there's my second for 2012.....my bad!

th_MINE.jpg

Hmmm...no, lemme think about it...that's my third for 2012. Seems he had a NIB, never-fired Colt Pocklite that walked in his door while I was there. It walked back out with me!

th_Bacon.jpg

Top Bottom