• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    I picked up a Kimber customized Swedish Mauser a couple of years ago for a fraction of the price of 98 mausers (the swede is built on a 96 Mauser action) Put a Nikon 3-10 scope on it and had a back up deer rifle for under $400.
    Kimber re-barreled the action and I don't know what twist it has, but it's more accurate with 120 and 160+ grain bullets. Most factory offerings arein the 140 class and it shoots 1.75 with those, where as the 120 and 160+ are about 3/4 moa. The 120 and 160+ are my own handloads and I have the bullet seated just below the lands, so that probably contributes to the better accuracy.
    I also shoot a .264 win mage which uses the same 6.5 bullets and it too likes the 120 or 160+ bullets (reloads) better. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from factory ammo.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    can't say enough about this round. easy to shot, flat trajectory, tons of fun. I haven't started to reload them yet as time hasn't allowed. you can't go wrong with this round. here is my sporterized M96 (1911) My own work:
    GetAttachment3..jpg
    GetAttachment4..jpg

atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    It's a great cartridge. I've not heard or read much negative about it either. The main negative seems to be lack of availability of ammunition at most retail outlets (nope, they don't tend to stock it at Wal Mart). Hand loaders seem to love it, and you can get your hands on lots of factory loaded ammo.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom