• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Looking at a .45ACP carbine as my next purchase and my top picks are the following
    Kriss Super V
    HK USC
    Beretta CX4

As you can see my first choice is the Kriss. Does anybody in the Houston area have one or have had some range time with one?
    Guns International

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The Kriss is really disappointing in my experience, it just doesn't live up to what I expected out of it.

A .45 AR15 with M3 mags, and the HK USC are my recommendations. DuckSPS was selling an HK USC in the classifieds, might want to check it out.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    The Kriss is really disappointing in my experience, it just doesn't live up to what I expected out of it.
    Elaborate
    I've seen DuckSPS listing, but it's the gray version and I'm looking at the black model.
    I've seen an AR for sale on Gunbroker that is .45ACP. It had a 2 piece construction lower receiver that looked like a hack job. Is there any where else or a company that specializes in the AR45

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I have the Olympic .45 acp upper with a "Bazooka Brothers" lower. Works really well! The only thing it doesn't have is the bolt lock after the last round. I hear that the Olympic guys have finally gotten the mag issue worked out so you can mount their upper directly to a standard lower and use their mag to feed it... MG

RetArmy Sgt-- I will have mine in SA for the shoot on the 30th. You are, of course, welcome to shoot it then!

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas

A .45 AR15 with M3 mags, and the HK USC are my recommendations. DuckSPS was selling an HK USC in the classifieds, might want to check it out.

What was disappointing with the Kriss?
    What were you expecting it to do that it didn't?
    I am not defending it ~ I have no experience at all with it > just curious about the firearm.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    I am working the bugs out of my direct impingement .45 AR. It runs at about 80% right now (sometimes it fails to go completely into battery). It uses grease gun mags in a cavarms mkII lower, hahn magwell block, and a purpose built upper. 30 rounds of 45 goodness. Just have to balance the spring and buffer so it works 100% and she'll be done.

joat

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'd like to find out more about the Beretta CX4 carbine regarding accuracy and overall functioning pros and cons. Anybody here have one and what's your perception of it's quality? Is there a beretta forum where I might find some reviews?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    MSAR is coming out with a "bullpup" 9mm/357Sig/10mm/40/45ACP carbine in the next few months!!! :happy0001
    Hmm, that'd make a pretty good backpacking carbine in 357sig or 10mm... Of course I'd much rather they come out with a 6.8spc version instead of the pistol caliber one.

Top Bottom