• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • archmark

Nov 2, 2012
    Woodway, TX
    I've carried my Lew Horton 3" S&W Model 29 on and off for several years. It's a lot of handgun to carry in many ways, least of which is it's weight & firepower. I find I have to give my aching hip an occasional break from the snubby, by substituting it for my Beretta Langdon LTT 9mm. While it's not a whole lot lighter and has a larger footprint than the Smith, it seems to fit my hip better and is more comfortable to wear for extended periods. In the end though, I always come back to the 29. There's just something about the heft and feel of all that good old 'Merican pig iron that feels right...
    Capitol Armory ad

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    My fave Wheelgun Wednesday carry is an old Model 29. To be honest, it’s usually loaded with 200grn JHP .44 spl loaded on the hot side.

Roscoe

Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    My agency had me tdy down on the Tex/NM/Mexico border for a couple weeks in 2003, and again in 2004. Wasn't allowed to carry a rifle on the trips. I carried my 4 1/2" S&W 629 along with my Glock 19; wore both daily for the duration. Drew a few pansy comments from supervisors, but several other team members carried revolvers (usually .44's) along with their issue pistols.

Top Bottom