• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

8mm Lebel cases are 68.oo per 100 at MIDWAY & .43 Spanish are usually available at the big SA gun-show at about the same price.
    (.43 Spanish is available but VASTLY OVER-PRICED at Buffalo, Old West Scrounger, etc.)

NEITHER are RARE, as both are still commercially loaded abroad.

Pardon me for pointing out that few people here thought that I'd be lucky enough to buy a shoot-able RB Black Powder rifle here either BUT one of our GREAT members & I made a deal at "a reasonable price" for both of us.
    (Now, everyone that I inquired about info for it on the BP cartridge forum wants to buy it, as M-1867 3-band Danish military muskets with the 1896 arsenal upgrades & a GREAT bore aren't common.
    (There seem to be TWO sorts of M-1867/96 muskets commonly available for sale: In mint condition & priced over 1,500.ooUSD & those with "rusted & pitted bores", that need rebarreling and/or complete rebuilding & that sell 50-200.oo.)

Note: I found a second .M-1867 3-band musket yesterday (21MAY16) PM that has NOT been rechambered to 11.7x56 for 75.oo. - It needs a NEW BARREL & some considerable repair to the stock/fore-end. - I may buy it & put another barrel on it in an "easy to acquire caliber". MAYBE in 7mm Mauser OR 7.62x54mm Russian, as the Finnish Army did.

As my musket is "quite suitable for hunting" as is, those who want to buy my rifle will have to wait to buy it from my daughter & after I "walk on".
    (The 11.7x56R BP round, loaded with a 405 grain lead bullet in front of 65-75 grains of FFG, will generate 1300-1350FPS & with plenty of power, according to several Scandinavian market hunters, to go through the thorax of a bull moose or of a polar bear at an acute angle, exit the opposite side & "without spoiling much salable meat or the pelt".)

Btw, as ALL of the known M-1867/96 muskets have been arsenal-rebuilt at the Copenhagen Arsenal (and some rifles 2-4 times), had the sights replaced & were "modernized" before 1900, I plan to steam the dents out of the wood & strip & refinish the stock/fore-end.

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom