• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Ordered a pistol and 800 rnds of ammo from classic arms and they charged me $40 to ship the ammo brick. Talk about bending you over the barrel. Wont be buying from them again.
    Target Sports

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Cabelas will charge you about the same amount.
    if you take it to USPS I bet they want about the same ammount to ship it back.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've shipped ammo, among other things. $40 aint bad. Barely covers time and materials.

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    If you haven't noticed, USPS is hemorrhaging money, UPS/FedEx hedged gasoline for approximately $4 to 5 per gallon roughly anticipating more expensive gas, and we are dealing with inflation. We don't live in 2005 anymore, shipping is going to be expensive. So, I don't know what are you are complaining about, it is a reasonable price, especially when ammunition is pretty heavy.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Just found it high since I see a LOT of ammo on slickguns that ship free or $10-$20. Just wasn't expecting that much. I will be looking somewhere closer though.

$40 for the ammo and $16 (I think) for the pistol.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    $40 is a lot for 800 rounds shipped ground.

Shippers of any size at all will be getting deep discounts on UPS/FedEX rates.

I get a lot of ammo shipped to me and I have never paid more than $20.

Now if they are going to claim that it covers their labor and packing materials then that is fine but as a business that sells almost exclusively on-line I would expect those fees to be reflected in the item price.

It especially sucks since they don't give you shipping costs up front.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    It all goes on weight and type of delivery. 40 bucks is a bit much, but not outrageous.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I haven't paid for shipping on any ammo order I've placed. (Multiple bricks of 9mm(twice) and 3750 rnds of 22lr in a different shipment. Gander may have changed their policy on FS for ammo, but my Cabela's order was just a few weeks ago) Call me cheap...I love free shipping!

On the other hand, I 'tried' to place an order with Simple Green for their 'natural' cleaning products. A variety pack cost $24.99, but their shipping was to be almost FIFTEEN dollars! Thanks, I'll pick up a bottle or two at Lowe's. ;)

The shipping business is really strange. Lumber Liquidators had to drop ship the balance of a cork flooring order to us(three attempts to ship to the store failed). They used FEDEX to ship three 35# boxes of flooring planks! No charge to us, of course. Cost somebody a pretty penny, I reckon.

CGP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Copes distributing charges $9.99 flat rate per order. I bought 1K rounds of 9mm, 300 round of 12 GA slugs, gun parts, etc. 2nd day shipping.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Copes is a TGT sponsors and we owe them a look as they help make our meeting place possible. I don't need ammo right now but I have them at the top of my list for when I do!

Flash

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    I just bought the ammo from tyhem because they had it for the same price as another place and it would just be one order. Another plus was I didnt think I would have been charged seperate shipping for the two.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If it costs $30 to ship an item you are paying for it somewhere, either in the price or the shipping surcharge. The profit margin on discount ammo is not very high and the company has to make money somewhere. Occasionally you'll find vendors that will eat the cost, but they are hoping they sell a TON of that ammo.

It's entirely possible that they are making money on the shipping and selling the ammo at cost.

Top Bottom