• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to have seen them.
    Biologist and game wardens say they aren't here.
    Man V... I used to call BS on it when I moved here. One of the other lineman was shown a picture of one on Sweetwater. That made a believer out of me. I also looked up their range and territory. Close enough for me man.

Kinda like when the wind turbine guys brought in a few Mojave rattlers last year.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    When I am somewhere the local fauna might not recognize me as the top of the food chain I carry a .454 Casull Ruger Alaskan.
    BE2765C8-128D-4825-8AF4-8E18174B906C.jpeg
    short barrel because if I am grabbed by a grizzly I am not going to have time to utilize the extra sight radius a 10” barrel would give me and it will get in the way of my plan for sticking the muzzle against what ever part of the bear I can put it against and delivering 6 rounds of 300grain hate.

If it does not kill it in time to let me go, I will ride a grizzly bear into Valhalla.

Attachments

• BE2765C8-128D-4825-8AF4-8E18174B906C.jpeg
      BE2765C8-128D-4825-8AF4-8E18174B906C.jpeg
      287.2 KB · Views: 408

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Please elaborate. What is generally the quickest way to dispatch an attacking animal?
    By hitting them where it counts. If the first shot doesn't work fire again and repeat until the threat is stopped. Pretty much the same drill for self defense against an attacker.

ETA: Now if your looking for an excuse to buy a better suited pistol for the job then I could make an argument against the .40.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    And for any of y’all entertaining the fantasy of being able to react before a bear decides to put you on the menu;

This is why I carry a big ass wheel gun. No hair to jam the action if I have to make a contact shot.

If I honestly thought I would have time to react before getting the teeth I would carry a 10mm loaded Underwood hot.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    There are pics of mountain lions near Aubrey, TX, just north of 380. Full sized cats, not the smaller jags.

Top Bottom