Available new​
    Thank you for your suggestions!

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Don't buy anything till you have held the Bodyguard 2.0
    Edit. I see the DAO/Dasa requirement. The new bodyguard is striker fired. However, it has the best ergonomics in the class, and high capacity. The max is a lot cheaper, and has similar capacity. But it feels like a dog next to the bodyguard.
    I have a first gen Bodyguard and a P3AT buy one so I can go get the new bodyguard..

Last edited:

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    p238, miniature 1911 in 380 would be my suggestion
    What's the capacity on the 238?
    Edit. I looked it up. 7+1.
    I'm thinking that with the 10rnd and dao/dasa requirements the Ruger max lcp is it.
    It and the Bodyguard 2.0 seem to be the only 2 high capacity pocket 380s. And only the Ruger has the trigger he wants.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

People tend to forget that the most important characteristic of ANY carry gun, especially a last-ditch gun, is to BE PRESENT WHEN NEEDED !

This is essential for this class of carry gun.

For over a decade, I carried a P3AT in a GALCO horsehide pocket holster in my TEE (undershirt) SHIRT POCKET !

I have yet to find another 7 or 8 round .380 that I could do that with, and not notice it.

I was having a sorta similar conversation this afternoon re “approved’’ life jackets. I used to wear an unapproved LL Bean canoeing vest far offshore, b/c it was comfortable & I would actually wear it. The bulky USCG jackets stayed in their storage hatches.

“How well it shoots” is a false issue. Recoil is likely another. Even capacity doesn’t matter nearly as much as comfort & carry-ability!

Carry guns & range guns are very different.

I learned these important things the very hard way, so that you don’t have to. . . . .

leVieux

<>

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    A Kahr 380 doesn't meet the 10 round requirement but in my opinion it beats the hell out of every other 380 that I have handled. It is very lightweight has really light recoil and an extremely smooth trigger. I would suggest that you try one before buying anything else, the 6+1 capacity might not be that much of negative.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    The Ruger LCP Max meets your requirements. I have the LCP Max and the original LCP. The Max is a little larger and heavier and the additional weight of 4 more rounds makes the LCP more comfortable to pocket carry all day.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    A Kahr 380 doesn't meet the 10 round requirement but in my opinion it beats the hell out of every other 380 that I have handled. It is very lightweight has really light recoil and an extremely smooth trigger. I would suggest that you try one before buying anything else, the 6+1 capacity might not be that much of negative.
    I agree and like my Kahr versus others I've tried. I was going to mention it too but it didn't fit his 10 round requirement.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Would like to find a .380 for pocket carry, to augment my Sigs in 9 mm
    DAO or DA/SA only​
    At least 10 round mag​
    No manual safety​
    Available new​
    Thank you for your suggestions!

<>

Please tell us how / where (on your person) you’d like to carry this new .380 ?

Also recall that SigSauer offers several different styles of .380’s.

<>

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    My P238 is finicky about feeding ammunition. For practice, it prefers roundnose FMJ, and for EDC, it likes Hornady 90 gr XTP.
    I just ordered a box of Lehigh from Midway with the plan of having that carried in the chamber with XTPs for follow up in the mag. It'll get thoroughly tested before carrying. As pricey as the Lehigh is, I'm hoping for the best.
    Here's Massad on the Lehigh ammo.

Top Bottom