• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I stocked about 1k dewcs recently and I'm looking for a mid-powered plinking load. I have titegroup, aa#5, unique, bullseye, universal, 2400, blue dot,hs-6 , aa #2 and a few other powders to toy around with. I have both plated and some coated bullets all in 148gr. This will be my first go round with dewcs. I'm also wondering if I'll have chambering issues in a lever action. If so I have plenty of traditional 158s on hand.

Anyone whose gone down this road, please chime in.
    ARJ Defense ad

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    It's a fun road to go down and experience.

Let's see, you have Double-Ended Wad Cutters and are looking for a middle-of-the-road load...
    Based on your powders list, IMO 2400 and Blue DOT have the best "consistent" performance in the .357 Magnum.

13 grains of 2400
    or
    10 grains of Blue DOT in a .357 Magnum should be a good starting point for a plinking load.
    If you need to work up, go for it. Just do not exceed 16 grains and 11.5 grains, respectfully.

Chambering issues are hit or miss and might depend on your carbine. I personally have never had feeding issues with my R92 with Wad Cutters, but others say they do. Recommend you make 20 or so and check for performance. Tweak the process and load from there to where it works for you.

Top Bottom