KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I have the exact same setup, minus the 3.5 disconnector

Is that your duty gun?

How would you compare it to 40 for trusting it with your life?

I have always wanted a 357 sig and I want a suppressor. The 2 really don't go together well so Ill have to just get the 357 barrel for my G27. My new p226 will be a 9mm Elite Dark TB.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Is that your duty gun?

How would you compare it to 40 for trusting it with your life?

I have always wanted a 357 sig and I want a suppressor. The 2 really don't go together well so Ill have to just get the 357 barrel for my G27. My new p226 will be a 9mm Elite Dark TB.
    Yes, the G31 is the weapon my agency issues. The also issue the lasermax. (I bought the G33 for off duty and as a backup gun) In the vast majority of cases I would have no issue with the .40 or .357sig as a duty gun. The .40 is cheaper to shoot, so if you have to buy your own that would be the preference. But buying the .40 bbl for the .357 gun is a cool way to be able to shoot both.
    We did some experimenting at the range with old car windshields and car doors. The .357 did a better job if you had to shoot through something, although I question how many real world scenarios that this would come into play.
    If you ever get a chance to shoot some into some ballistic gel, dont pass up the chance, its amazing to see the energy that the .357 packs in such a littlee round.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    `1950fps!!!! wow

Are those "factory" numbers or did you chrono it?

I don't care if it is "only" 90 gains. Thats fast.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Yes, the G31 is the weapon my agency issues. The also issue the lasermax. (I bought the G33 for off duty and as a backup gun) In the vast majority of cases I would have no issue with the .40 or .357sig as a duty gun. The .40 is cheaper to shoot, so if you have to buy your own that would be the preference. But buying the .40 bbl for the .357 gun is a cool way to be able to shoot both.
    We did some experimenting at the range with old car windshields and car doors. The .357 did a better job if you had to shoot through something, although I question how many real world scenarios that this would come into play.
    If you ever get a chance to shoot some into some ballistic gel, dont pass up the chance, its amazing to see the energy that the .357 packs in such a littlee round.

I have always pondered its merits as a potential military cartridge. If I could pick one sidearm to take to war it would probably be the G31. It pairs glock reliability, durability and longevity with the bottlenecked cartridge that could be one of the best feeding auto pistols on the planet. Plus you could more easliy shoot it through barriers.

I was looking at the DT ammo for 357 and the 115gr loads hit 1700+ fps. That almost doubles the speed of a 38 spl.

Top Bottom