• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    BCG is in stock but the 20" in out of stock. I could get a 24" barrel and cut it down.

Good new is stock is almost here

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    My 18" guns tend to run eight pounds, plus or minus a few ounces depending on the stock and forend. My latest personal gun is nine pounds one ounce with a IOR 1.5-8.

308 do not need to be heavy.

Alex

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    They do... contact Harrison at Innovative Tactical Systems LLC, Made in USA, AR 15 uppers, piston operated tactical upper, 5.56, 6.8spc, custom precision barrels and look into the ITS-12

you can find him under the name constructor, under many forums, including www.68forums.com

I've been hearing about their lightweight 308 for years but so far (as far as I can tell) it has been vapor wear. And to say their site store sucks is an understatement.

Sent from iPhone/Tapatalk

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    My 18" guns tend to run eight pounds, plus or minus a few ounces depending on the stock and forend. My latest personal gun is nine pounds one ounce with a IOR 1.5-8.

308 do not need to be heavy.

Alex

Does this include optics and loaded magazine?

If so, I'd definitely like to see your build list of parts. I would love to have another 308 platform AR but the last 2 I had weighed 13# & 15.5# with optics, PRS stock and loaded 20 round PMAG. they were tack drivers on the bench but impractical for anything besides bench shooting. I want a rifle that is reasonable to carry but can also perform on paper as well.

Sent from iPhone/Tapatalk

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Black Hole 18" mid/gas, medium profile with a PRI micro/adjustable steel gas block, prototype F4 comp, JP bolt carrier, Endine buffer, IOR aluminum rings, billet lower/slick side upper, all else as visible. If you can't ID visible parts from a picture (even my crappy pictures), you don't know enough about the guns to have any idea what you are talking about anyway ;)

As pictured, nine pounds one ounce. 168 Sierra Match King handloads are running 1.1"/five shot (bipod and bags) at 200, but I've only had it out to the range once (and that on a really nice calm day) since I built it and its brothers. I'm a 3-Gunner, not a "shoot one, make a sandwich" guy...all I want my guns to do is hit first shot to anything I can see, under all conditions :)

REF (big picture): http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/images/file/guns/D308_18_troy_IOR_ACE_2_14Feb12.JPG

I've done lighter...24" stainless heavy barrel cut back to 18", thinned to .725/under, .740/forward, carbon fiber forend, micro adjustable gas block, three ounces off the carrier, standard buffer, Ace stock, 7 pounds 8 ounces dry/no optics.

Although I've never done a 308 like this, off the top of my head in the "light but not sucky" concept...the lightest barrel would be matching the M14 profile on a 13.6" tube, micro gas, pinned/welded F4...carbine carbon fiber handguard/vented, and the ACE stock/light carrier combo. Even with the F4 that may be a bit jumpy, though. With a Ti can...hmm...

Alex

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    What did anyone say to deserve that dick'ish comment?

You forgot to cut and paste the smiley part of his quote... Smiley faces bring levity, but I can see how that could be misconstrued as dickish if you ignored the smiley. Hopefully, everyone else will read the original post and not your selectively quoted version.

-Randy

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    You forgot to cut and paste the smiley part of his quote... Smiley faces bring levity, but I can see how that could be misconstrued as dickish if you ignored the smiley. Hopefully, everyone else will read the original post and not your selectively quoted version.

-Randy

Smiley face or not, it was dick'ish. Just wondering what sparked it...it's not like he was being called a liar or even being challenged.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Read what you like. Remember when you point a finger, three are pointing back at you ;)

Mike wanted a build list. I gave the parts that couldn't be seen, everything else is visible. Easy stuff. And commented on it being easy, figuring that anyone who asked a question like that would know exactly what he was looking at.

Didn't need the Richards chiming in

But hey, this is a free board in a (nominally) free country, so there ya go.

Alex

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Damn, I'm a bucket of "win" today

Plus, I just drank too much German beer and ate too many potatoes with bacon, grease, onions, grease, and more bacon. I forgot how much I like Germany. Health codes? Nein, just drink more beer, it vill vork out!

Alex

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    so back on topic.

Ordered the 24" in barrel, just couldn't wait any longer. This sucker is going to be long after I get my can...

Just need to get a gas block, debating if I want to get a adjustable.
    And some optics...

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    IMG_0554 - Version 2.jpg

So i got the stock installed. Just waiting for some more things...

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Got her all built up and went to the range today but had some problems.

The hammer would not reset after firing. The spent round would eject, the bolt would cycle, and
    Another round would chamber. However it wouldn't fire, because it was cocked. If it was the last round the bolt will lock back. If I manually cycle the hammer would reset

Any thoughts?

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I was comparing the feel of the lower to my ar 15 and think I have found my culprit. My disconnect spring is not there so the disconnecter is not working right. But I am not sure why it would cycle with a manual operation as opposed to the gas driving the carrier

Top Bottom