2A Travel - Your Pro-America Agency for Cruise, Disney, and All-Inclusive Deals!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walker Travel

PM for Cruises, Vacations, Disney and More!
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2024
    DFW
    I like this guy.
    Articulate while speaking plainly.
    Thanks!!
    Agreed. Saw the thread title and thought it was some hand wiping bhenchode spamming the site.

So refreshingly awesome that it is not.
    :flag::loaded: None of that here!
    At the last VFW meeting I attended, they had bags of Black Rifle Coffee placed at each seat in the room. Mine was left untouched as were several others. I can't support BRC or Disney.
    Wasn't the whole BRC thing with Rittenhouse a whole to-do over nothing? Regardless, I'm with you, I buy local coffee. I do have some BRCC swag though.
    Howdy and welcome to the forum!
    Just to be clear, we are not talking travel honoring the RTKBA?
    Thank you for the welcome!

We're not not talking about travel honoring the RTKBA, but we're happy to help you book a trip to do so. I'm not 100% sure what that'd entail, but let's do it!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thanks!!

:flag::loaded: None of that here!

Wasn't the whole BRC thing with Rittenhouse a whole to-do over nothing? Regardless, I'm with you, I buy local coffee. I do have some BRCC swag though.

Thank you for the welcome!

We're not not talking about travel honoring the RTKBA, but we're happy to help you book a trip to do so. I'm not 100% sure what that'd entail, but let's do it!
    BRCC got outed for donating a shit ton of money to major anti-gun politicians. ( 0bama/Hitlery/ Feinswine, etc)

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I'd love to see travel ideas that are 2A friendly. To be able to go to a destination vacation and be protected (or at least have the option) would be great.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    It seems to me you are a pro 2A individual who happens to own a travel agency. As such you are happy to offer your services to fellow shooters. You support TGT financially in return for potential business. Thanks!

I would say a PRO-2A BUSINESS MODEL would be to PROPOSE 2A activities...for example, travel, lodging, and tour packages to European arms makers complete with test firing at a range, or one of those shooting ranges in Mongolia or Cambodia where you can shoot full auto weapons (AK, RPK, PKM, DshK, etc) as well as RPGs at junk cars. One component of that model could involve REFUSING to do business with antigun airlines, hotels, and cruiselines, but I think that might seriously hurt your bottom line.

Walker Travel

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2024
    DFW
    I'd love to see travel ideas that are 2A friendly. To be able to go to a destination vacation and be protected (or at least have the option) would be great.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Drop me a PM, I'd love to figure something out. It's certainly an intriguing idea that I don't think anyone has really explored before.

It'd be cool to plan a trip that leans towards 2A-focused events such as classes, shooting ranges, visiting cool historical places, and etc. It's a little tough, though, especially for us as we love a nice bourbon bar, wine tasting, and the likes, but absolutely don't carry while drinking. We also love to travel internationally and see new countries, where you cannot bring guns. Lots of tradeoffs to think about.

It seems to me you are a pro 2A individual who happens to own a travel agency. As such you are happy to offer your services to fellow shooters. You support TGT financially in return for potential business. Thanks!

I would say a PRO-2A BUSINESS MODEL would be to PROPOSE 2A activities...for example, travel, lodging, and tour packages to European arms makers complete with test firing at a range, or one of those shooting ranges in Mongolia or Cambodia where you can shoot full auto weapons (AK, RPK, PKM, DshK, etc) as well as RPGs at junk cars.
    You would be correct. I've been around this forum for a hot minute and trying to help the members in a mutually beneficial way seemed like a win-win.
    One component of that model could involve REFUSING to do business with antigun airlines, hotels, and cruiselines, but I think that might seriously hurt your bottom line.
    Without a doubt. Look I'm all about supporting companies with comparable values as much as possible, but sometimes it's just not economical or reasonable to do so. It's just a balancing act, but at least something to be cognizant of.

Walker Travel

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2024
    DFW
    Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone! Reach out today and let us help plan you an awesome vacation!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hello everyone!

We're thrilled to join this forum as your new travel agency partner. While we're new to this community, we bring years of industry expertise to the table!

After some research, we realized there weren't any openly 2nd Amendment-supporting, pro-USA American travel agencies out there. So, we decided to fill that gap! We proudly stand behind the 2nd Amendment, support our veterans (with special deals for them!), and are as pro-America as it gets.

Getting the age-old question out of the way: Why use a travel agent?
    Easy - we take the hassle out of travel and can often save you money. Travel agencies like ours get access to special, non-public rates, allowing us to pass those savings directly to you. Whether it's exclusive deals on hotels, cruises, vacation packages, or more, we've got you covered.

The next question we get asked all the time is: What do you charge / what are your fees?
    Absolutely nothing. We don't charge our clients any fees. Instead, we earn commissions directly from our vendors. This means you get expert service at no extra cost to you.

Finally, the last question we receive frequently is: I want to travel somewhere, how does this work?
    Reach out to us via PM, email, or our website with details on your trip/vacation and we take it from there. We can help you plan everything from flights, hotels, rental cars, to restaurants, tours, and things to do. We compare all of our vendor rates to rates publicly available. If it's cheaper to book directly through a publicly available vendor, though infrequent, we let you know and don't try to 'upsell' you as some of our competitors may. Honesty and transparency are the name of the game and that's what keeps our clients coming back to us!

Ready to travel?
    If you have a vacation or a trip in mind, contact us for a free quote. It only takes a few minutes, and by booking with us, you'll be supporting a local small business that shares your values.

Thank you to the forum staff for welcoming us and we look forward to building great relationships with you!

Links:
    Our Website
    Our Email

<>

My question to you is this: “Is there any practical multi-state travel in which legally armed citizens can stay armed?”

I decided years back to avoid NY, NJ, CA, MD, etc. Our usual trips are to Texas, MS, AR, Florida, etc. substantially b/c of that.

We looked at a Mississippi River “cruise” a few years back which involved only states & port calls in gun carry friendly places, but the cruise line wouldn’t allow legal firearms, so we didn’t go.

Years back, I unwittingly CC’s in MD & IL, but had no problem.

Please advise.

<>

Walker Travel

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2024
    DFW
    <>

My question to you is this: “Is there any practical multi-state travel in which legally armed citizens can stay armed?”

I decided years back to avoid NY, NJ, CA, MD, etc. Our usual trips are to Texas, MS, AR, Florida, etc. substantially b/c of that.

We looked at a Mississippi River “cruise” a few years back which involved only states & port calls in gun carry friendly places, but the cruise line wouldn’t allow legal firearms, so we didn’t go.

Years back, I unwittingly CC’s in MD & IL, but had no problem.

Please advise.

<>
    It really just depends what you have in mind. There are plenty of states that you can travel to that honor the Texas LTC. It's just important to know and understand the laws of the states you are traveling to.

My other advice would be to not let your desire to always be armed prohibit you from traveling to places that are otherwise high on your list of places to go. International travel is more or less impossible with a handgun for self-defense (non-hunting) purposes. It ultimately comes down to your risk tolerance.

We've gone to so many cool places that prohibit firearms, and I will absolutely continue to go to places like that.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Can you arrange for trips to Vietnam, specifically into what was once South Vietnam, trip along what was once called the DMZ and the Marine fire bases there?

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Can you arrange for trips to Vietnam, specifically into what was once South Vietnam, trip along what was once called the DMZ and the Marine fire bases there?
    My experience:

I've been to Vietnam three times since 2012. Twice on my own and once with a "government licensed" tour guide. The guide was born in Hanoi to a father who was an NVA officer, but after the war, his father was sent to a re-education camp for some political infraction. The guide was very well educated and had a Masters Degree in History. He begged us to bring books on the Vietnam War that were banned by Vietnam. During our trip, he told us about the secret police and their interest in our trip, pointed out secret police who were monitoring citizens who were protesting, and cautioned us about talking about certain things when he noticed others trying to listen in. I also asked him about DMZ/war tours and this is what he told me:

The government does not like foreigners visiting war sites, and discourages tour guides from offering them. As such, there is poor signage and markings on roads and maps. Vietnam is now one of the words largest producers of coffee, and many DMZ bases and battlefields are now coffee fields and some are unrecognizable as the terrain is changed to grow coffee and other crops. Unexploded ordnance remains a problem. You may have more success visiting battlefields in neighboring countries across the border in Laos and Cambodia, but they are way behind in clearning unexploded ordnance.

From personal experience, there is no shortage of government museums with NVA, VC, and US artifacts. It is obvious that Vietnam still relishes their victory over France and America. The people are not arrogant or mean spirited about it--all is forgiven and they come off as friendly and curious--it is really more of an immense pride in their own persistance and tenacity. Many US built facilities are intact and being used by the Vietnamese in Saigon, Danang, and Hue.

Vietnam is probably my favorite place to visit in the world. Street food is $2-3 and better than 95% of Viet restaurants in the US.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    oIt really just depends what you have in mind. There are plenty of states that you can travel to that honor the Texas LTC. It's just important to know and understand the laws of the states you are traveling to.

My other advice would be to not let your desire to always be armed prohibit you from traveling to places that are otherwise high on your list of places to go. International travel is more or less impossible with a handgun for self-defense (non-hunting) purposes. It ultimately comes down to your risk tolerance.

We've gone to so many cool places that prohibit firearms, and I will absolutely continue to go to places like that.

<>

I've spent lots of time in anti-2A places like CA, MA, CO, and foreign Nations like Mexico, France, Belgium, C.H., Republic of Panama, Canada, Spain, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. but now wish to remain in the US.

Although having visited France numerous times, I hit a wall a while back. I wanted to participate in the annual "Chasse des Palombes du Bois" in the Pyrenees / Basque region of Southern Aquitaine. That is their traditional hunt for the large, teal-size European "Wood Doves" which migrate through every Fall.

I applied to take a single shot 12GA single barrel shotgun, no ammo. The initial application was fairly straightforward & encouraging.

Next was a nasty five page follow-up document, all in French. As the language was beyond my skills, I took it to a French-fluent Attorney, who told me that it was their way of prohibiting people from taking sporting arms into France.

I sent it back unfilled-out, with a note telling that when my late US Officer-Pilot
    Dad entered Normandy at Saint Lo, in June 1944, he flew alone in a plane filled with brand-new Thompson full-autos for les Maquis, but zero paperwork, & he was eagerly welcomed by their Ancestors.

Of course, there was no reply.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    My experience:

I've been to Vietnam three times since 2012. Twice on my own and once with a "government licensed" tour guide. The guide was born in Hanoi to a father who was an NVA officer, but after the war, his father was sent to a re-education camp for some political infraction. The guide was very well educated and had a Masters Degree in History. He begged us to bring books on the Vietnam War that were banned by Vietnam. During our trip, he told us about the secret police and their interest in our trip, pointed out secret police who were monitoring citizens who were protesting, and cautioned us about talking about certain things when he noticed others trying to listen in. I also asked him about DMZ/war tours and this is what he told me:

The government does not like foreigners visiting war sites, and discourages tour guides from offering them. As such, there is poor signage and markings on roads and maps. Vietnam is now one of the words largest producers of coffee, and many DMZ bases and battlefields are now coffee fields and some are unrecognizable as the terrain is changed to grow coffee and other crops. Unexploded ordnance remains a problem. You may have more success visiting battlefields in neighboring countries across the border in Laos and Cambodia, but they are way behind in clearning unexploded ordnance.

From personal experience, there is no shortage of government museums with NVA, VC, and US artifacts. It is obvious that Vietnam still relishes their victory over France and America. The people are not arrogant or mean spirited about it--all is forgiven and they come off as friendly and curious--it is really more of an immense pride in their own persistance and tenacity. Many US built facilities are intact and being used by the Vietnamese in Saigon, Danang, and Hue.

Vietnam is probably my favorite place to visit in the world. Street food is $2-3 and better than 95% of Viet restaurants in the US.
    Thanks but no thanks. It was a shithole when I was there in 1967-68, only Danang and Saigon were any semblance of cities and they stunk. Now American $$ has built skyscrapers and restaurants there for the Communists. I had too many fellow Marines died and wounded that defended that damn Communist place. You enjoy their food....

Walker Travel

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2024
    DFW
    <>

I've spent lots of time in anti-2A places like CA, MA, CO, and foreign Nations like Mexico, France, Belgium, C.H., Republic of Panama, Canada, Spain, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. but now wish to remain in the US.

Although having visited France numerous times, I hit a wall a while back. I wanted to participate in the annual "Chasse des Palombes du Bois" in the Pyrenees / Basque region of Southern Aquitaine. That is their traditional hunt for the large, teal-size European "Wood Doves" which migrate through every Fall.

I applied to take a single shot 12GA single barrel shotgun, no ammo. The initial application was fairly straightforward & encouraging.

Next was a nasty five page follow-up document, all in French. As the language was beyond my skills, I took it to a French-fluent Attorney, who told me that it was their way of prohibiting people from taking sporting arms into France.

I sent it back unfilled-out, with a note telling that when my late US Officer-Pilot
    Dad entered Normandy at Saint Lo, in June 1944, he flew alone in a plane filled with brand-new Thompson full-autos for les Maquis, but zero paperwork, & he was eagerly welcomed by their Ancestors.

Of course, there was no reply.

leVieux

<>
    I'm honestly even surprised that they have an option for folks to bring firearms there.

We went to Paris a few years ago and I don't really have much of a desire to go back. It was nice, but it just felt like NYC to me. We had a much better time in Italy and England.

Top Bottom