• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Each of my rimfire rifles, pistols, and revolvers have "pet" ammo. By and large, they all love CCI MiniMags, AR Tactical, Fiocchi HV and most of the Aquila copper-plated HV rounds. I tend to prefer to use anything copper-plated if I'm using a suppressor, if only because it seems to keep the sludge factor down and my cleanings easier. Also, these same ammo choices seem to keep the .22LR conversions for the HK91/PTR91 and HK93 rifles running right. It seems like anything less that 1,200FPS falls short for those conversions--especially if I run the sear pack.

For two of my favorite target rifles (Sig522Target and Marlin 60), I try to only send Wolf Match Extra down the pipe. The HK270 likes it too, but it's less fussy and still turns in bullseyes with lesser ammo. This ammo and the SK/Lapua Standard Plus or SK/Lapua Subsonic tend to be pretty messy/greasy due to what they're coated with; however, a couple of my guns like it (Sig .22LR conversion for the P226 and P228/9). The Beretta 87 and 89 Target do not like the greasy rounds at all. The Beretta 89 will run great with any of the Federal AutoMatch and most any of the better .22LR. The Beretta 87 and 21 are both threaded for suppressor use, so they get fed the HV copper-plated rounds most of the time.

The Ruger Super Single Six eats anything. The Henry lever and Winchester 9422 rifle tends to eat anything except the greasy rounds, but they especially like the Aquila Colibri and SuperColibri stuff. It's almost sinful how much fun it is to shoot that quiet stuff from a lever action rifle . . .

Top Bottom