• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ranguyen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Houston, TX
    If anybody is interested in a training class in TX, please consider 21st Century Firearms.

I was not sure what to expect from this class. Initially I was nervous and intimidated but soon realized that feeling like that wasn't necessary.

The teacher Stephen Pineau was professional and took the time with me during his training. He is young but has trained with some of the best. He worked as Chris Costa's assistant before branching on his own.

His class composed of what you might expect from a handgun 1 training class: weapons manipulation, grip, stance, draw, etc. However, two aspects of his class left a lasting impression on me. One was his "big boy rules." He didn't want to tell us exactly what to do since we were all adults, like fire anywhere from 3-5 shots at the target. As long as general safety precautions were taken, such as pointing the muzzle at a general safe direction.

Another aspect was his malfunction mayhem. We loaded 2-3 magazines with empty shells and live rounds and practiced fixing our malfunctions as we shot. It was fun, and it definitely helped me with my drills.

At the end, we had a debrief. He was professional and receptive to the constructive criticisms he received.

In summary, I enjoyed the class and learned a lot. I would recommend this class to anybody. This is good for anybody, whether you're a new shooter or advanced.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ranguyen, for future reference, when someone new comes on to a forum and posts about a business out of the blue, we start off with the assumption that it is a business owner trying to circumvent the site sponsorship requirements for commercial posting. It's generally a good idea to introduce yourself first by putting up a thread in the Introduction section, so that we know you aren't just a spammer.

Top Bottom