• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Your point? Must be terrible to live your life in so much fear you have to carry a pair of clean drawers in your purse.
    You sang a different tune not long ago.

And your attempt at an insult befits a third grader on the playground.

I am not letting a venomous snake live on my property where my dogs and family roam. You should know better, of all people.

Feel free to have the last word. I will go back to just scrolling past your posts.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You sang a different tune not long ago.

And your attempt at an insult befits a third grader on the playground.

I am not letting a venomous snake live on my property where my dogs and family roam. You should know better, of all people.

Feel free to have the last word. I will go back to just scrolling past your posts.
    That one treaded.
    I have relocated a bunch in the four years since that one.

You made some pretty scumbag comments then. In case you were wondering why I think you are a pants pissing little coward, that is why.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    How bout them Astros.....

Astro was a good boy

astro.jpg

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I thought I had the “copperheads in the yard” situation under control.

You may recall a few summers ago, I eliminated 22 copperheads in my fenced yard (about 1/4 acre). A few years prior to that, one bit my Ridgeback, Josie. Since then, I’ve seen nothing but rat and grass snakes, which I leave alone.

I will give snakes a pass on my property AWAY from the house, but grandkids and Josie keep me vigilant about keeping the yard and the area around the house free of venomous snakes.

I let Josie out this morning and stepped out onto the back porch. Still in my underwear, I went back in to get her a scoop of food. When I went back out and started to pour the food into the bowl, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was curled up in the diameter of the mouth of a small Styrofoam cup, ready to strike.

I came back in the house and got my 22 off the refrigerator, which I keep loaded with rat shot. I put on a pair of sunglasses for eye protection, since that was all I had handy. Going back outside, I quickly dispatched the first one, picked it up with my “old-man grabber”, and went to toss it over the fence, so Josie wouldn’t play with it. As I reached the gate, I stopped in my tracks. Just in front of me was another one of the little bastards the same size as the first one, but this one was stretched out. I went back in to get my 22, and when I came out, I had a hard time finding him again.

I felt a little vulnerable, shuffling around in the pine needles in nothing but my underwear and a pair of crocs! But I did find him, and dispatch him as well.

Copperheads blend in perfectly with the Pineneedles. I don’t think I would’ve seen the first one had he not been on the cement porch.

Remain vigilant, my friends! My days of stepping out onto the porch barefooted, even in daylight, or over!

Attachments

• IMG_9838.jpeg
      IMG_9838.jpeg
      549.9 KB · Views: 18
    • IMG_9839.jpeg
      IMG_9839.jpeg
      702.9 KB · Views: 19

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Caught this diamondback water snake with my lucky lure last month.

I thought he was hooked, but upon closer inspection he just didn’t want to give up the plastic fish. Got closer in and he eventually let go and ran off. Saved himself from getting his head bashed in with a rock. No way I’m ever gonna try and unhook a snake.

d8f73fbf9021ae36476d05585dab2480.jpg

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Caught this diamondback water snake with my lucky lure last month.

I thought he was hooked, but upon closer inspection he just didn’t want to give up the plastic fish. Got closer in and he eventually let go and ran off. Saved himself from getting his head bashed in with a rock. No way I’m ever gonna try and unhook a snake.

d8f73fbf9021ae36476d05585dab2480.jpg
    Yep, that would be “ cut the line and buy another lure” time!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

You may recall a few summers ago, I eliminated 22 copperheads in my fenced yard (about 1/4 acre). A few years prior to that, one bit my Ridgeback, Josie. Since then, I’ve seen nothing but rat and grass snakes, which I leave alone.

I will give snakes a pass on my property AWAY from the house, but grandkids and Josie keep me vigilant about keeping the yard and the area around the house free of venomous snakes.

I let Josie out this morning and stepped out onto the back porch. Still in my underwear, I went back in to get her a scoop of food. When I went back out and started to pour the food into the bowl, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was curled up in the diameter of the mouth of a small Styrofoam cup, ready to strike.

I came back in the house and got my 22 off the refrigerator, which I keep loaded with rat shot. I put on a pair of sunglasses for eye protection, since that was all I had handy. Going back outside, I quickly dispatched the first one, picked it up with my “old-man grabber”, and went to toss it over the fence, so Josie wouldn’t play with it. As I reached the gate, I stopped in my tracks. Just in front of me was another one of the little bastards the same size as the first one, but this one was stretched out. I went back in to get my 22, and when I came out, I had a hard time finding him again.

I felt a little vulnerable, shuffling around in the pine needles in nothing but my underwear and a pair of crocs! But I did find him, and dispatch him as well.

Copperheads blend in perfectly with the Pineneedles. I don’t think I would’ve seen the first one had he not been on the cement porch.

Remain vigilant, my friends! My days of stepping out onto the porch barefooted, even in daylight, or over!

<>

Please tell us that your Crocs aren’t PINK ?

<?>

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas

I don't think I will ever unsee in my mind you in your drawers. Why did you do that to us???

Top Bottom