• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I agree GOA and FPC and others are great and I give them monetary support as well but NRA is the only group which provides grants and other funding to youth programs and adult programs which many of us in our industry heavily rely on although not as much but something is something.
    The members have to demand that the corrupt be removed so that the core mission of the NRA can be funded properly.
    Guns International

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    If you are an eligible voter, please vote for the reform candidates. We can only change the NRA from within. If we select even a small number of board members committed to reform every year, we can finally break the Cult of WLP's stranglehold over OUR NRA!

I see five reform candidates:
    Phillip Journey
    Dennis Fusaro
    Rocky Marshall
    Jeff Knox
    Buzz Mills
    Okay, I have these 5 guys down.

Also, Yes or No on amending the bylaws? I am thinking yes, but I do not want change that doesn't really change anything and just gives the wrong people more power.

ETA: I just saw where Jeff Knox said to vote yes on changing the bylaws.

Jeff Knox
    Author

Reply to JW307
    1 day ago

The Bylaw change is needed to create the new officer position, which is needed to keep the new leadership in line. I’m voting Yes on it.

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    My vote is in.....
    1708643157616-f27015ee-c9ad-46a3-8593-cc2ee3a580e7.jpg
    20240223_102842.jpg

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I got this letter in mail with details on NRA convention. The members meeting will be Sat 5/18/2024 from 10:00am to 12:00pm where one board member can be elected. See this photo for details or go to the NRA events page on this forum to see more details about convention.

Attachments

• pg 2.jpg
      pg 2.jpg
      454.4 KB · Views: 17

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I voted for the 4 "reformers" mentioned above. I voted "no" on the by law changes. Why? Reading the new language it's nothing more then CYA and status quo. I noted that all the new "compliance officer" hype was surrounded by the same ole shenanigans. Person selected by BOD and EVP. You might recall all the previous corruption was approved by the BOD and EVP. Stop the virtue signalling and get a Compliance Officer and staff responsible to the membership only.

jstaylor62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Moore, OK
    I got this letter in mail with details on NRA convention. The members meeting will be Sat 5/18/2024 from 10:00am to 12:00pm where one board member can be elected. See this photo for details or go to the NRA events page on this forum to see more details about convention.

Voting for the last open Board Member on site at the meeting is critical! Going through the voting process you get a voting card that indicates you are an eligible NRA voter. That card allows you to vote on anything during the meeting. If you just raise your hand, your vote will be ignored if you don't hold up a voting card.

The Cult of Wayne exploits this confusion at every meeting and uses it to their advantage. The Cult of Wayne all sit together and all raise their voting cards together.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at AmmoLand blog.

Every year the NRA sends out about 2.5 million ballots to eligible Voting Members, and every year, only about 5% to 7% of those ballots are ever returned.

That means that 93% to 95% of ballots are wasted. Pretty sad. The most common reason NRA members give for not voting is that they “don’t know enough,” and leave it to people who they think know more about the candidates and issues than they do.

RoyGBiv

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2024
    Fort Worth, TX
    Today I early-voted in the TX primary and mailed my NRA ballot supporting the reform candidates mentioned above.

I also sent in a volunteer registration form for working at the convention...I volunteered last time the convention was in Dallas and I enjoyed it very much. I won't send them any money until there's real change, but, I'll give them some time. It's still a cause I believe in, even if the current leadership is shit. Hopefully we can get the ship turned around. If anyone else wants to volunteer, here is the link.. https://www.nraam.org/attend/volunteer/

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Today I early-voted in the TX primary and mailed my NRA ballot supporting the reform candidates mentioned above.

I also sent in a volunteer registration form for working at the convention...I volunteered last time the convention was in Dallas and I enjoyed it very much. I won't send them any money until there's real change, but, I'll give them some time. It's still a cause I believe in, even if the current leadership is shit. Hopefully we can get the ship turned around. If anyone else wants to volunteer, here is the link.. https://www.nraam.org/attend/volunteer/

Yes, it will take years to undo decades of theft, corrupt leaders, poor leadership etc. Many election cycles. In the meantime at least education and training programs or NRA National Matches will continue abet in less funded way.

BTW: change can take decades such as Texas getting the concealed handgun license (CHL) law in 1995 and finally constitutional carry in 2021. And other improvements along the way benefiting lawful and responsible gun owners.

Top Bottom