• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    It's started. Surfer s the match sponsor.

12 stages. Shot 5 today.

long range went out to 470 with a bonus at 520
    Capitol Armory ad

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The A&M guys ran video.

surefire had a lot on the prize able as did freedom munitions.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    So did you start with your whole body in the airplane on 11 (IE both feet within the airplane)??

Left knee was on the floor, foot just inside doorway, right leg was on the bench and bent but I'm not sure my right foot was just inside or outside the doorway. I asked the RO if my start position was ok during the walkthrough, he told me others had started standing on the runners while leaning into the plane but they had trouble getting their rifle into the dump barrel.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Left knee was on the floor, foot just inside doorway, right leg was on the bench and bent but I'm not sure my right foot was just inside or outside the doorway. I asked the RO if my start position was ok during the walkthrough, he told me others had started standing on the runners while leaning into the plane but they had trouble getting their rifle into the dump barrel.

Cool, I was more trying to figure out when in the weekend "in the plane" was expanded to include leg hanging out of the plane.

It looks like you had a good match. I was seeing your scores when they would come in to stats and it looked like you were rocking it... WTG bro. (I of course need to stop watching videos of the match, I saw you fail to engage a popper and keep running on a stage where you had zero penalties.. ) ;)

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Cool, I was more trying to figure out when in the weekend "in the plane" was expanded to include leg hanging out of the plane.

It looks like you had a good match. I was seeing your scores when they would come in to stats and it looked like you were rocking it... WTG bro. (I of course need to stop watching videos of the match, I saw you fail to engage a popper and keep running on a stage where you had zero penalties.. ) ;)
    Thanks, I was happy with most of my shooting with the exception of the long range stage.

The plane stage was the last one we shot on Saturday afternoon but from the way it sounded it was being shot with a loose interpretation of in the plane well before then.

Good eye on the missed popper, I started on the 2nd target in the array and wondered how I took them all down with 9 shots. I immediately went back to the grounded shotgun loaded another round and took it so I did get them all but I heard mixed opinions on whether picking up a grounded gun was legal or not. The RO on the next stage I was at told me what I did should have been at least a procedural. On two other later stages RO's told us we could go back to a grounded gun but on the airplane stage they told us we could not go back to our grounded pistol. There was about a 50/50 split on RO opinions when I asked them about that. I just looked through the rules and didn't see anything specifically about it, what's your take?

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Thanks, I was happy with most of my shooting with the exception of the long range stage.

The plane stage was the last one we shot on Saturday afternoon but from the way it sounded it was being shot with a loose interpretation of in the plane well before then.

Good eye on the missed popper, I started on the 2nd target in the array and wondered how I took them all down with 9 shots. I immediately went back to the grounded shotgun loaded another round and took it so I did get them all but I heard mixed opinions on whether picking up a grounded gun was legal or not. The RO on the next stage I was at told me what I did should have been at least a procedural. On two other later stages RO's told us we could go back to a grounded gun but on the airplane stage they told us we could not go back to our grounded pistol. There was about a 50/50 split on RO opinions when I asked them about that. I just looked through the rules and didn't see anything specifically about it, what's your take?

According to the match director once a gun is grounded it is out of the game. That is something else I will add to the list of rules we need to get squared away for next year. I personally don't care as long as you are safe in whatever you do.

Top Bottom