• ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Message PreApproved by site Admin.

Myself and numerous other Law Enforcement/Emergency responders are participating in the 2013 Tower Climb. 62 stories by foot, benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. This is one time when the stairwell is open to the public for the charitable event. If willing, I would appreciate ANYONE who would be able to donate ANYTHING for this cause. there are no donation "levels," a quarter or dollar, it all works. This is my first event and one of the causes encouraging my pursuit of conditioning. I WILL complete the climb, I don't care how long it takes. To make it interesting, the Fire Fighter in the pic(Luis Valdez) made a side bet that the loser must change their profile pic with them holding a sign of certain subject matter for a week. It's a fun competition for a great cause, one of many.

If willing to donate(all donations made in your name), I'll come to you if necessary to accept it, if within the San Antonio area obviously. I'd greatly appreciate any and all support!
    Here is a direct link for donation if you're willing/able to help out:

https://www.cff.org/Chapters/lonestar/EventDonation/?idEvent=22674&idUI=602538&idVolunteer=3625141

Thank you everyone!
    Chad Mandry

Update 01-23-13
    After the event, I'm going to conduct a drawing from those of TGT who have donated, the winner will have the patch given to them. It may not be a lot, but it is just the least I could do for the generosity shown.

Update 01-30-13
    Please see below link to post containing info for an auction, per say, where proceeds are being donated as a.courtesy of Jim. An amazing gesture.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-cystic-fibrosis-fundraiser-3.html#post577551
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• IMG_20130115_123305.jpg
      IMG_20130115_123305.jpg
      83.2 KB · Views: 148
    Last edited:

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Lol pops......;)

This event has multiple waves. A competitive, non-competitive and Police/Fire. The fireman I'm challenging is carrying 53 pounds of gear, mine weighs 34, which includes my shotgun, duty pistol along with ammo. I've dropped 45 pounds since I started training for this event and will hopefully be down another 20 by the da
    We're using this event to kick off our rivalry, following things will be such things like booths at local events(dunk tank for "save a donut, dunk a cop," etc). This event is also the wrap up to our physical conditioning competition.

The big picture behind this is increasing public perception of our departments and involvement. Child interaction to involve safety(fire, weapons, stranger, etc).

All the donations for this event purely benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Badfish

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    San Antonio,TX
    Hey I know Luis too, you too look like your posing for Stud Muffin monthly or something lol. Tell him I said hello for me.

Kristy and I will look to see what we can pitch in for donation for you.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Where is this going to be at and when? I'd love to take the climb! Also, ChunkyMonkey said something about child interaction-what's going on with that? I'll throw on my old flak jacket, kevlar helmet, cami's, boots, and I'll just throw some rocks in a bag and head up.

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hmmmm.....hey, Chunkey - got an idea/proposal for ya....

If you'll agree to make and wear a sleeve or chest/back sign with "TexasGunTalk.com" on it for a minimum $500 donation from TGT members...

I'm good for $50!

Anyone else?

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Hmmmmmm....

If TGT can make it to 500, you have a deal. I'll also sport it for the other events I have planned which include the Luling Dry Tri, the Tunnel to Tower Run, and possibly the San Antonio Rock n' Roll Half Marathon.

This event means so much to me that I'll sport it at every event I attend....May include the Texas Police Olympics too if I can get the time off.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I've had another member state he'd be good for $20(I'll let him speak up if he wants), and another show interest. Been on the phone with numerous embroidery places today getting input, many saying they can do it....just let me know.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Thanks pops! I have an embroidery shop locked in.....help me make this happen! Did a run of 50 floors up and 50 floors down today...yeah, I'm soaking in an Epsom salt bath right now...hahaha

Let's get this done. It will be a large event. I'm scared Shi*less, but absolutely excited at the same time.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Here's the shirt. They didn't have any more in black, so I had to get this green one. Probably going to be hell trying to dye it black, hope it goes well.

You can see the patch areas on the left and right sleeves. The patch will be approximately 4x7", come on guys!

Attachments

• IMAG0078.jpg
      IMAG0078.jpg
      28.6 KB · Views: 149
    • IMAG0077.jpg
      IMAG0077.jpg
      29.6 KB · Views: 142
    • IMAG0076.jpg
      IMAG0076.jpg
      24.9 KB · Views: 142
    • IMAG0079_BURST001.jpg
      IMAG0079_BURST001.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 138

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I've received a few more guys expressing a want to donate.

After the event, I'm going to conduct a drawing from those of TGT who have donated, the winner will have the patch given to them. It may not be a lot, but it is just the least I could do for the generosity shown.

Top Bottom