• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Just got back from a drive. My wife hates it. I either close her on the merits of a Suburban by morning or I will be dropping it off.... WTF? Who turns down a new Suburban?

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Just got back from a drive. My wife hates it. I either close her on the merits of a Suburban by morning or I will be dropping it off.... WTF? Who turns down a new Suburban?

LOL! In my other life I worked at Chevy Dealer (long time as Service Manger-- no Sales), anyhow everytime it was time for a new vehicle I would take the wife a Suburban to test drive--she just didn't like them, always ended up with a crew cab.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    this one has the Flex Fuel ability as well, but I tried that (E85) a few years ago with another truck I had. It kills your mileage. I hate E85 and the fact that it makes the price of corn go up.
    Yeah, but it's octane rating is equivalent to 100-105. If you have a turbo it's great... You can either bring your timing back to a "normal" advance or add more boost, or a little of both. Efficiency is terrible, tho... A gal of gas has way more energy in it than a gal of alcohol. If MPG were really a concern, you'd be driving a tiny little FWD POS

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    this one has the Flex Fuel ability as well, but I tried that (E85) a few years ago with another truck I had. It kills your mileage. I hate E85 and the fact that it makes the price of corn go up.

The beauty of the flex fuel engine is that the E10 they are putting in our cars and the E15 they are considering going to won't tear up your engine because your flex fuel engine is built to handle the ethanol. Ethanol is very tough on engines not designed for ethanol.

Top Bottom