• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    My Pops has one that we got from wally world, it has had a ton of FTE problems and FTFs. He brought it to me at Christmass and I tried to clean it up good and ran some 3 inch threw it and it still jamed twice on a 25 round box. I wasnt reall happy with it.

If you are dead set on the 1187 I would get a used one you know runs right. I ended up getting a Mosberg 930 and LOVE it.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    My Pops has one that we got from wally world, it has had a ton of FTE problems and FTFs. He brought it to me at Christmass and I tried to clean it up good and ran some 3 inch threw it and it still jamed twice on a 25 round box. I wasnt reall happy with it.

If you are dead set on the 1187 I would get a used one you know runs right. I ended up getting a Mosberg 930 and LOVE it.

You need to make sure your gas rings were set right that can be very critical for the operation of an 1100/11-87. If those are good I've seen a few have a bad spring in the trigger/action assembly.Here is an article on the placement of the rings I know it says light loads but if your missing some or have them wrong it could affect the cycling even with heavy loads.

How To Ensure Remington Model 1100 Function With Light Loads

Top Bottom