• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They make a Carbine 10/22 that is small enough for kids. Plus, the synthetic models are lighter.

Mine did not like the Golden Bullet's Hill ... not sure why yours shoots them well and mine doesn't. This gun might be settling down slowly too, the groups have been getting better the more I shoot it.

I do need to do a trigger job, but I'm trying to keep everything the same.

I'm going to clean the rifle and re-shoot with some match ammo and other ammo choices. Just have to get out there and find some.
    Lynx Defense

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well now I have to go and show what my new one can do too :sign0101:! This build features a zimmerman 16.5" tactical ss threaded barrel with a standard Ar A2 type flash hider. I had my doubts that a 16" barrel would shoot as well as an 18 or 20 inch, but here are the pictures to prove it. I have never got my hands on any CCI standard ammo but I may put some green tag I have lying around through this barrel soon. As expected, it did really well with wolf match target which I now prefer as an economical competition load. Surprisingly, even the federal bulk stuff grouped really well for less than 3 cents a shot. I admit, these shots are all at 25yds but were only rested in front w/o bags and a gusty wind blowin' right at me. Overall, this barrel did almost as well as my ER shaw 18". However, the additional weight of the heavy barrel adds some stability when you can't sand bag your rifle. I definitely feel the difference between the all metal polished trigger group I have in my other rifle vs. this one, that might play a factor in the groups too. Shown below, pics of the gun...and the targets. Enjoy fellow 10/22 lovers!

Attachments

• group 1..jpg
      group 1..jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 187
    • zimmerman 5..jpg
      zimmerman 5..jpg
      50.2 KB · Views: 174
    • zimmerman 4..jpg
      zimmerman 4..jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 189

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Nice! I like that barrel.

Honestly, you aren't gaining anything with a 20" over the 16". There simply isn't enough powder volume in the .22 case to support a long barrel gun.

Look at what you gain in an AR15 ... 100 FPS, with 20+ grains of powder in the same caliber shooting the same grain weights.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    anyone happen to know how the bolt handle spring is replaced? Replace all the other springs, but have not yet figured out how it comes apart.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Never mind figured it out, the new trigger feels great, although the new HB stock did not come with a stock retaining bolt and I one sidely traded the old stock to that knuckle head DRS a few months back so i can''t steal the bolt from that one. Will be calling around to gunstores with on site gunsmths tomorrow looking for the bolt.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    All 10/22s exhibit the infamous "first round flyer". Most people say that manually cycling the bolt to load the first round causes this. It's proven in the pics if you check them out. Otherwise a seasoned OR warm barrel is prefered by some.Personally, If I really care, I'll cook off the first round and go from there. It's also true that you should dial in a gun to shoot under "practical conditions" for you. If your like me, that means you want it to "hit the spot" even after you pump some lead through it.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have been thinking about grabbing the 10/22 Target Tactical, I guess it should be "tacti-cool" but it is a sweet little paper puncher, and will probably get a threaded barrel and can soon after purchase... but there is something about the M&P 15-22 I like too...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Ran some more ammo through it, and got some of the best groups ever with, surprise, Eley EPS Match. The only better ammo available is Eley Tenex, which I plan to run sometime soon also.

1.jpg

This is 5 shots at 100 yards with Remington Target Rifle, which is Eley Sport I believe.

6.jpg

This is 5 shots at 50 yards with Remington Target Rifle. Pretty respectable, but not for the price.

2.jpg

This is 5 shots at 100 yards with Remington EPS Match, which is Eley Match. Note, it's 29mm from end to end which gives 0.88 MOA. So a box stock 10/22 Target is capable of sub-MOA with the right ammo.

7.jpg

This is 5 shots at 50 yards with Remington EPS Match. The group measures 13mm out to out, giving a 0.56 MOA measurement. This leads me to believe that the gun will shoot tighter at 100, I just need to improve. At the 50 yards mark the round has already gone sub-sonic.

3.jpg

Federal Lightning at 50 Yards

4.jpg

Fiocchi M320 Match at 50 Yards, alot of issues with this ammo. I think they have a priming issue.

5.jpg

Aguila's Supermaximum Hypervelocity ammo. They need to worry more about making it Supermaximum Hyperaccurate ammo in my opinion.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Tx1911,I have yet found any of my 22lr rifles or pistols that like the Aguilla 30gr Hyper Velocity bullets,and i have a whole brick of the crap. I do have several other types of Aguilla 22lr ammo that my guns really shoot good.

By the way,Nice shooting.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    triggermike11
    Top Bottom