• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    there is a big difference between those two specifically. When I looked at the rugged razor data, there was about 1db difference between the 7.62 and 5.56 cans. Ive used the surefire 5.56 can on a mk18, so my opinion is in part based on experience shooting that setup. They didn’t have the saker 7.62 data for me to compare that. I could probably get a db meter and do it myself just for fun, although the gun would be different so it wouldn’t be a perfect comparison.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    there is a big difference between those two specifically. When I looked at the rugged razor data, there was about 1db difference between the 7.62 and 5.56 cans. Ive used the surefire 5.56 can on a mk18, so my opinion is in part based on experience shooting that setup. They didn’t have the saker 7.62 data for me to compare that. I could probably get a db meter and do it myself just for fun, although the gun would be different so it wouldn’t be a perfect comparison.

Unless you spend many thousands of dollars on a good Db reader setup, you aren’t going to get good data.

A quick look at the .30 cal cans tested on 5.56's show consistently worse results compared to 5.56 cans tested on 5.56 hosts. Obviously there are a few cans that get close, but most don't. I picked surefire since it's 2 cans from the same company, same generation of product, pew science has data on both, and i own both.

The rugged razor is an intresting example, not in a good way. General consensus was the 7.62 razor was good, but they really dropped the ball on the 5.56 due to extreme overbore and only having like 3 baffles.

Eta the rugged 556 has one less baffle, uses 7.62 baffles, and has a smaller blast chamber

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’ll jump in and give my shitty take that can be flamed to death because I really don’t care that much.

When I go to the range, or hunt, or shoot at the house, I rarely if ever take my imaginary testing equipment worth many thousands of dollars. So the only thing that’s ever matters to me is what my ears say.

And having been around many suppressors and having a couple myself I can say that I rarely notice much difference and couldn’t say if someone was running a .30 cal can on 5.56. Some people might be able to, and it might matter to them. For me, when I get another can it will either be .22LR or .30cal and I’ll never care if it’s a couple db louder on my AR. My ears say they are all quiet enough that it doesn’t annoy me or others. I still qualify as a polite hunting partner and can look down my nose at people who hunt with me unsupressed forcing everyone to use hearing protection (filthy mongrels)

Now, when I commit the cardinal sin of mounting a 9mm cannon my .22 and shooting subs I can tell a difference. So I tape a piece of cardstock over the end.

If someone disagrees that fine. Just read right under my username and understand the type of person I am.

Browncoat

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    BRLA
    What do you guys recommend for a single suppressor with the task of being on only these 2 caliber rifles?
    There are probably 'better' ones, out there, now, but six years ago I bought an AAC 7.62-SDN-6 and AAC 51-T muzzle devices for each my ARs for quick attachment and removal.
    I've never tried it on a 5.56 but I love it on my Blackout. I ended up replacing the buffer and spring with an Armaspec recoil system because the post-shot spring rattle was annoying.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There are probably 'better' ones, out there, now, but six years ago I bought an AAC 7.62-SDN-6 and AAC 51-T muzzle devices for each my ARs for quick attachment and removal.
    I've never tried it on a 5.56 but I love it on my Blackout. I ended up replacing the buffer and spring with an Armaspec recoil system because the post-shot spring rattle was annoying.

Welcome to the Forum!

Txhighlander

In the end is where we begin.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Cass county Texas
    I take it the Armaspec works well?

Forge

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Ultrasonic cleaning work?
    Not cleaned it yet. Was thinking about soaking it in ballistol. I have a harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner and may try it, because I definitely noticed the burnt powder smell sitting in my deer blind and it raised concerns about deer getting freaked out if they smelled it.

Mozzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Texas
    I have the same setup that I use on my AR10, AR15, and bolt action Blackout. I'm happy with it but I've never heard a dedicated 5.56 can either so my experience on that needs expanding.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I recently started buying suppressors again. I currently am waiting on three. From what I understand the new 3D printer cans are more efficient in they can print things that most CNC machines cannot make.

Browncoat

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    BRLA
    I have the same setup that I use on my AR10, AR15, and bolt action Blackout. I'm happy with it but I've never heard a dedicated 5.56 can either so my experience on that needs expanding.
    I have a friend, former USMC sniper, with several suppressors. I could ask...

Attachments

• CANs.jpg
      CANs.jpg
      151.8 KB · Views: 28

alexng30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    I’m really happy with my Lahar 30. I got it from Primary Arms for just under $400 before stamp and it’s a great can. A little heavy, but it’s extremely durable. Also sounds very good with 5.56.

Outside of the price, I got convinced when a buddy who works for silencershop told me how they did a full auto burn down test on one and it made it to 15 mags with no issue, only stopping because the gas tube on the upper blew out first.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Civilian Defense
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Huxwrx Ventum 7.62 Flow-thru design. No "tuning" on the AR's and can be easily adapted to any platform with the ability to use most QD's. Also, it can run with .223 up to .300 Winmag, so very versatile on calibers. Kind of a one and done.

Last edited:

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I really like the Q Trash Panda I own. Put Cherry Bomb fast attach on a number of .223’s as well as .30 cals. When firing unsuppressed the Cherry Bombs are nicely functional muzzle brakes. Not timing or shims are necessary as the shoulder matches the shoulder on the suppressor. Two and 1/2 turns on/off.

Top Bottom