• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    WTFudge?!? I haven't heard of one person with it around the neighborhood or at work.

ATLANTA (AP) - Health officials now estimate that swine flu has sickened nearly 50 million Americans and killed nearly 10,000.

The new estimates mean about 1 in 6 Americans have had the illness. The figures were released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday.

The CDC also estimates that 200,000 people have been hospitalized since the virus was first identified in April though mid-November. That's the same amount that occurs normally in an entire flu season.

[url]http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9CGKOEO0&show_article=1[/URL]
    Lynx Defense

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Every year flu sweeps the planet and every year it kills many, usually those with other serious medical conditions. I don't mean to be cold hearted, but nature has a way of weeding out the weak. Only humans coddle the defective. In nature the weak become food for the preditors. The last swine flu scare was during the Carter administration oddly enough. They tested the "live vaccine" on the military. Live vaccines are rare. That shot made me as sick as a dog. We soldiers lived through the vaccine because we were young, nourished, and healthy. The next place they used the vaccine was in the nursing homes because the elderly are at risk of flu death. As I recall the flu vaccine freed up a ton of bed space in nursing homes around the country. The vaccine was quickly tabled as a bad idea. Nothing like a good plague scare to divert a populations attention during a period a government is making a lot of mistakes or intentional bad decisions. People are predictable and can be distracted by almost anything. Even an overdosed dead pedophile can be more important to the sheeple than a government take over of your constitutional rights. My policy is: Screw the flu and keep my eye focused on the real threats.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I call on the statistics. No way they can accurately gauge the number of actual cases. What I smell is government stroking itself in public via the media in an attempt to show/say, "You see, we expedited those millions of doses of swine flu vaccine for your benefit, and as you can see we've saved lots of people since the flu season has been so bad." Statistics are one of the government's tools to fool the American public.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    What a crock. Tell the snake oil men to go away. This is so un-sustainable by science.
    The only way for it to hurt people if it is still growing in their lungs, to leap back out later.
    That is also possible with these people, just so they can sell you the B/S antidote.
    I'm not scared anymore, just informed.

Top Bottom