1 dead, 12 stuck underground in incident at Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine near Cripple Creek

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I didn't get that far. I was 14ish, and wasn't calling the shots. We were going to stay the weekend, but it was winter and the weather was crap, so we only stayed the one day..
    My wife had to go to Chicago for the company she was working for. She got a hold of my dad inn Joliet and he actually drove up to meet her. My dad hated going to Chicago, but he showed up and they went to Shedd's Aquarium ad even took her out to dinner.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Maybe not so silly. Part of the tour showed the working conditions underground. The early workers worked by candlelight, but candles were expensive, so they used them to get set up, but worked mostly in the dark. Later came carbide lamps. High tech!
    I used a carbon lamp for sight black.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Last edited:

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I don't go into anything I can't walk out of.....
    Being an electrician leads to crawling into all sorts of uncomfortable, tiny locations. Crawl spaces under block and beam construction. Out into the eves in a shallow roofed ranch. There's nothing quite like tunneling like a mole through rock wool insulation. Or hanging by your toes upside down in a trench trying to fix a pipe, or dig out that last big rock. Often alone and miles from phone service or help.

Top Bottom